Kashi is not Healthy like you think

Options
One grocery store in Rhode Island has taken Kashi products off the shelf.

Kashi and their so called "healthy" products are NOT the epitome of health.

For those of you eating grains and such, they are poisoning you, slowly but surely.

562436_3773373410193_1152535904_5579660_1136799469_n.jpg

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I was getting headaches from high grain foods, cut them out.
  • heatherrose86
    heatherrose86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    But....but... my Kashi pumpkin pie and dark chocolate coconut granola barssssss :(

I used to like Kashi cereal but then I discovered Jordan's Muesli... it's ONLY fruit, seeds, nuts and grains. There is no salt, sugar, or oil added. And it's not bad considering there is nothing added to it but actual food items.

Edited to add: Thank you for posting this. My grocery store wouldn't give two craps.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    According to their website, there are products that are GMO-free.
    http://www.kashi.com/nongmo

I'm glad that you let us know though. And your grocery store seems awesome that they would even take Kashi off the shelves for this reason since it's such a successful brand. Kudos to them. But like I said....according to Kashi, there are products that do not contain GMOs --- -unless this information is inaccurate/an outright lie.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Which products? i usually eat the kashi crunch, honey almond flax or strawberry fields.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Why were they taken off the shelves? Please give the whole story.

Was the product lot contaminated with something?
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Question is how high are the levels? Most products are going to have trace amounts of whatever chemicals.

Even the most healty of cereals are going to have contaminates from packaging. ie.. insect body parts, feces (yes even that), etc...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    another scare thread