"Fat" Days??

Options
Does anyone allow themselves a "fat day" one day a week, a day in which they can eat more calories than normal?

Replies

• keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    A lot of people do that. Round here we call 'em cheat days. Personally, I think it derails my whole week to throw nutrition out the window for an entire day. I will have cheat meal once in a while, though.
  • biancardi
    biancardi Posts: 20
    Options
    normally, I don't do a full day - I do a cheat meal. However, as I am going into surgery this week and will be in the hospital for several days, I had a cheat weekend - lol

I am back on track today...but I did pamper myself this weekend. Very bad.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I agree with biancardi, I think a cheat meal once a week or even just a particularly fatty snack at the end of a week say on a rest day is fine, its never messed with my body composition and im at 7% body fat
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I do the cheat meal thing from time to time, but it always causes my weight to balloon up every time! So unfair. I do them less than once a week, but more than once a month. Can't live deprived, now can I? :smile:
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes i will have a Fat-Ur-Day as dr. Oz calls it. I will cheat once or twice a week but no a big cheat.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!!!....I eat within my calories!! :bigsmile:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I dont do them. If I want something I eat it. I just work a little harder the next day or the same day if I can.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Cheat meal/day is a horrible phrase, in my opinion.
    You're only cheating yourself and it just sounds so negative.
    I have a splurge meal every Saturday. I try to keep my mind positive with this lifestyle change. :)
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If I want to "cheat," I have to do the work first. I will put in an extra half hour of cardio, go for an hour bike ride, a run.....I have noticed, however, that I still eat my "unhealthy" food in moderation and stop when my body tells me to.
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    I do them whenever the mood strikes. Twice a week usually and it keeps me very happy haha
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have "cheat meal" every mini goal I reach..it's not every week or every 2 weeks..depends when I reach mini goal..and its not all day, its one meal, could be a cheese steak or a small order of chinese chicken and broccoli..but I won't over do it..its good to trick your body every now and then..not all the time
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I do them from time to time but I usually have a cheat meal over a cheat day, not always just usually. I do try to plan them so I can either eat a bit under the day before or plan a longer workout the day of so it doesn't have as big of an impact but this doesn't always happen and I've learned to shrug the bad decisions off and not let myself wallow in them.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    I do them whenever the mood strikes. Twice a week usually and it keeps me very happy haha

This. I had three slices of amazing steak and bacon pizza last night because I wanted it-- but I held myself accountable and logged it and I'm eating super healthy this morning to get back on track. :) I can't do the carrot on a stick gig long.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Yurp. A whole cheat day (minus a healthy breakfast) . BUT i've found that I can't really handle a full cheat day anymore, the last one I had made me feel horrible for a couple days since I've stuck to my strict clean eating. From now on it's just going to be chocolate/sweets that I craved and a portion of a meal I have been craving. I do think they work though.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a "cheat day" once a week or once every couple of days. It's typically not what most people think though.

I stay within my calorie goals but I don't give a crap about my macros on this day (I do a modified zone diet). Basically, it's my carb/sugar day, lol!
  • angie_sample
    Options
    i generally do a cheat meal and even then i dont eat as much as i used to. But if i want chicken tender at chillis or something ill get them lol
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I cheat/rest every Saturday, but I stick below "Maintenance" (2000) calories, but eat way more than my 1200 calorie limit. I've found that I lose weight better if I allow for a cheat/rest day rather than going hard every single day.
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    I can usually fit it within my intake but i dnt go crazy on it maybe a half of a burger and a couple of slices of pizza, once a week and i'm good =)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    one day i just saved up 700 cals
    for a small poutine
    and it was awesome!
  • cindylou_21
    Options
    If I know I'm going out and want to drink a few beers or cocktails, I will work extra hard that morning...going out usually means not only alcohol, but probably something bad to eat..Just get back on track the next day and move on. I still need to go out and enjoy myself once in a while....:smokin: