So I know you can't "spot lose"

Options
2»

Replies

• myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Superset fork putdowns with seated table pushbacks.

More folks need to incorporate this technique into their routine.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what do you do? Be consistent. Do it for a year. You really want 'em gone? Pick something and do it for a year.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Watch the your salt intake closely and caffeine intake (if it's significant.)

I've started watching this. One of my MFP friends mentioned to watch my sodium, which I never had even looked at, and I don't do a lot of caffeine. Thanks

Why caffeine? I drink several green teas a day.

I'll try and explain in a non-science way alkaloids are have extremely poor solubility in water (greater than 100 degrees tends to average solubility) so when they form salt it's prettyhard for them to be aqueos (standard) (expect for scopolamine hydrobromide) so the body needs more water at one instance to form with water , which obviously increases water retenention.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    To lose fat in one place is to lose fat all over. Keep on keeping on and it will melt away. All my fat has gotten more noticeable since I started toning up the muscles underneath, YUCK! But I know it will all melt away as I continue. And I'm enjoying seeing muscle definition where I never used to, due to lifting heavy weights! I'm not doing any serious program, just doing useful push/pull exercises and increasing weight as much as possible. Topped off with training for a 5k, and I'm happy with the changes, even though my weight is taking FOREVER to come off.

Sodium is another biggie. I had a sodium heavy dinner and wow can I tell it today!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    weighted side bends and waist twist with weights . When I am waiting on the copy machine at work I do them without weights , I get in about 4 or 5 sets of 5 each while our old printer groans , moans and spits out my copies..apparently only the computers need to be fast in a computer repair shop :wink: :laugh:
    My love handles are almost all gone!! Good luck dear :flowerforyou:
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    What love handles??? Both of you.

Agreed. I don't see any love handles!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    The BEST thing for those d@mn love handles is diet by far! But, if I was going to reccomend anything it would be hanging leg lifts to the side, windmills and side plank dips.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I absolutely disagree. You can definitely (sort of) spot loose....somehow....How else did my boobs (on the same frame and weight) get like 10 times bigger?

I've read a lot of studies stating how this and that causes weight around the middle region, might be your diet?

I don't understand how it works but my sides feel firmer when I hike. I can dance and hoop and stretch and do side strength exercises....but when I hike (up mountains in a lot of rocky areas) my sides feel firmer the next day. My only guess is I'm using my stabilizer muscles more or something?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I started doing the 30 Day Shred the other day, in the level 2 version (I tried all three to see where I was) she did this cardio move where you twisted from side to side while jumping, so it hit the obliques, I'm thinking this would be the best for love handles. Other than that, I'd say up your cardio a bit, the only way to lose fat...
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    All exercises work your core muscles. For every exercise you do keep your core tight and the muscles will get their workout. Other than that the best thing for tummy is your diet.
  • Lynvincible2012
    Lynvincible2012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wacky Jacks!
    They are working a treat for me!

The best part of p90X! :bigsmile:
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    my trainer said you can TONE the lovehandle with Side Power Jacks (an exercise, Google it), but it won't reduce the fat there. Your best bet for reducing the fat there is a balanced diet with low sugar and sodium content. Running is excellent for fat loss. :)
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options

I've started watching this. One of my MFP friends mentioned to watch my sodium, which I never had even looked at, and I don't do a lot of caffeine. Thanks

I'll try and explain in a non-science way alkaloids are have extremely poor solubility in water (greater than 100 degrees tends to average solubility) so when they form salt it's prettyhard for them to be aqueos (standard) (expect for scopolamine hydrobromide) so the body needs more water at one instance to form with water , which obviously increases water retenention.

:noway: so I should be cutting out the morning coffee?
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Superset fork putdowns with seated table pushbacks.

this. works like a charm with repetition! :)
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

:noway: so I should be cutting out the morning coffee?

It depends on how serious you are; it may help a little but not a noticable amount and also it's not worth it if not having a coffee negatively effects your mood throughout the day.