Weight training?

Options
So I know I've posted a lot of topics, but I keep encountering different problems.
I'm trying to tone up my stomach, and I'm doing lots of things like planks, pushups, squat leg lifts, etc. (ZWOD workouts) and then cardio on top of that later in the day, but I keep hearing everyone saying to tone up, do lots of weight lifting/training. But would doing things that incorporate BODY weight training, like the exercises I described above, be technically the same as weight lifting/training and work the same for toning? Because I don't have a gym near by, and can't afford to get some weights, though I do have 2, 2 pound weights but yeah. Just curious as to if it's the same thing?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    To make muscles look good, you need to gain muscles and work those muscles in the area of interest. Body weight training is a great way to do this. As is weight lifting. There is literally no difference between toning muscle and weight lifting. They are essentially the same. The whole lift light weights for many reps to tone is a myth. You'll need more than 2 pounds if you really want to do lifting.
    Personally, I use both weight lifting and yoga to tone my muscles. One of these days I'll get around to posting a picture. LOL. Plus, yoga helps with flexibility, which I'd like to improve along with my strength.