How many sizes have you lost?

Options

Replies

• gardengals
    gardengals Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and started out in a size 22 jeans and 2X shirts.......now I am in a 12 and a Large....
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Starting stats:
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 360 lbs
    Pants: 48x32
    Shirts: xxxl

After:
    Height: 6'1", though I feel taller!
    Weight: 191 lbs
    Pants: 32x36
    Shirts: L

I love shopping in normal clothing stores again!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Starting point:
    Height: 5'3
    Weight: 250lbs
    Pants: 20
    Shirts: 2x

Right now (I'm still a work in progress)
    Height: 5'3
    Weight: 135lbs
    Pants: 5/6 (most pants) (Juniors)
    Shirts: Medium/small (Depends on the top) (Juniors)
  • Vick1225
    Vick1225 Posts: 4
    Options
    oh man this is very, extremely embarrassing, but i'm 5'3-5'4, i currently weigh 245, not my heaviest, i've weighted 250 not too long ago. but I just restated MFP again. yep, you read right, i'm restarting MFP, i gave up on it last spring and i'm ready to start again, determined to lose weight but its hard. my sissies think this site wont help, etc but i really want to lose weight and i need to lose it. sadly, i wear size 18 in old navy jeans, they do get loose most of the time so i always have to wear a belt, a size 16 is too small hehe. shirts and tops, i wear xl/xxl.

I've been over weight my entire life, yup, so maybe some of you guys know how i feel. and its not easy at all.

I need to lose weight due to some recent activity that happened with life insurance. to make it short, something is obviously wrong with me. for one fact, girls, i havent had my period in ages (which is scary, i know.) and i'm overweight-obese.

But I am determined to lose weight and I would be happy to help others and i know i will need help also :)

add me!
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would love love love to drop 3 sizes. I am having a hard time tying this goal to a number. I know its different for everyone, but just looking for a ballpark.... I am 5'10 currently a 16 and at 199. What about you?

Im between 5'9 and 5'10 and before I was 215 and could barely fit in a size 16 or 17. Now I am 186 and I am wearing a size 11 or 12 depending on the brand. Im hoping that by the time i get to my goal of 170 that i will be in a 8 or 9:)
  • mcdonnell77
    mcdonnell77 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ive gone from 42 inch waist to 34 inch and XXL tops to L tops :)
  • bittybooh
    bittybooh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started at 245 pounds and a size 18-20 in pants and an XL in shirts. I now wear a size 10 jeans and med shirts. I just bought a pair of skinny shorts for the first time ever!! :blushing:
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a size 24 pants to a loose size 20. Probably go shopping in the next couple of weeks for a size 18. My weight hasnt moved much though in the past month.
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    at my worst I was a size 18-20 depending on the brand and now... Well I have no clue! I haven't went pants shopping yet. but I have a pair of size 9 jeans that are too big. So i am gonna guess somewhere between 7-8.

And t shirts is amazing too! I use to wear XL, some shirts even XXL. but now I can wear a small! woohoo!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4''
    Started at 188lbs and was a size 12-14
    Currently 124 lbs and a size 2
  • LivingHealthyLovingLife
    Options
    Looks like most who have responded are women, I'm not but I've had an amazing waist size decrease. I was wearing a size 48 waist back in January of this year and I am now wearing a size 38 waist and oh yeah, I've dropped 43 lbs as well. :happy:
  • Dovely2
    Dovely2 Posts: 6
    Options
    I started out as a 10/12. Now I'm a solid 8 and some of those are getting loose. :flowerforyou:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 199lbs and a size 18. I'd love to get back to a 12, which is about 160lbs for me.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5
    Last time I bought pants (~1-2 years ago at 160 pounds) I was a size 6 or so...
    On Sunday I was pants shopping and I fit into a size 0 (136 pounds). It was a little tight in the waist before I washed it but now it fits perfectly. I also got a size 3 (they had 1 size 0 and 3 was the next smallest) which is actually kinda loose and wrinkles on me.
    I'm really surprised I fit into a 0 because according to the size charts, the 0's for that pants are made for a 23 inch waist... and my waist is 27 ish. (last I checked)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I carry more in the lower body.

SW: 250
    Pants: 18W or 20
    Dresses: 16W or 18
    Tops: XL or 1X or 2X (I am an H cup)
    Bra: 36H/38G

CW: 215
    Pants: 18
    Dresses: 14W/16 (if they actually are cute well in the bust)
    Tops: XL and occasionally L
    Bra: 34H or HH/36G or H

I am dropping sizes pretty slowly.
  • ultracatgirl
    Options
    I am also 5'10" and weight about 196 bls currently.

But watch out- company play with sizing and it is not equal across the board. I have been a size 14 since I was 14 years old. (I have pretty much had the same body shape as well since 14.

At Eddie Bauer in 2009, I was buying size 14 in my skirts but I had just bought jeans at the Gap in a size 10!

Also those 2009 Gap jeans in a size 10 fit like the size 14 Gap jeans I bought in june which also fit like a pair of size 16 Gap jeans that a friend gave me that she bought 10 years ago! the pants are all in the same cut of bootcut so it is not like one pair is skinny or classic or curvy which can also change the size you end up buying. This is a good example of how not to get hung up on the numbers that companies use for sizing because they will change them. frustrating because I have to bring like 10 pairs of jeans in to the change room just to figure out my size!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    nothing officially yet... but I was tight in a size 12 at the beginning of this journey and now I'm tight in some size 11's of a different brand lol does that count?

btw I've lost 15 pounds from 174-159.... .
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

But watch out- company play with sizing and it is not equal across the board. I have been a size 14 since I was 14 years old. (I have pretty much had the same body shape as well since 14.

At Eddie Bauer in 2009, I was buying size 14 in my skirts but I had just bought jeans at the Gap in a size 10!

Also those 2009 Gap jeans in a size 10 fit like the size 14 Gap jeans I bought in june which also fit like a pair of size 16 Gap jeans that a friend gave me that she bought 10 years ago! the pants are all in the same cut of bootcut so it is not like one pair is skinny or classic or curvy which can also change the size you end up buying. This is a good example of how not to get hung up on the numbers that companies use for sizing because they will change them. frustrating because I have to bring like 10 pairs of jeans in to the change room just to figure out my size!

This to me is very disheartening. I've come across the same thing. And my mind will play games with me that I have to go with the store that has me fitting in a smaller size than another store. Because there is a certain stigma associated with wearing size 14+. This vanity sizing thing has to stop
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I went from 20 to 12.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options

This to me is very disheartening. I've come across the same thing. And my mind will play games with me that I have to go with the store that has me fitting in a smaller size than another store. Because there is a certain stigma associated with wearing size 14+. This vanity sizing thing has to stop

Trrue and so annoying, my fave store has crazy sizing and I sometimes cant fit into their size 14 pants but just bought a size 6 dress from the same store. It's confusing. When I tell poeple what size I am I just go off the standardized size chart measurements.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!