Back in shape after baby

Options
ctwojo
ctwojo Posts: 6 Member
Hi All!

I had my beautiful baby boy 5 months ago and am desperate to get my body back (I was a size 10...in a size 16 now). I'd love to lose 30-40 lbs by the summer. I have a wedding to go to in June this year and a family trip to Maryland (on the beach!) in June as well! Now, I have about 0 motivation since I work full-time as a taecher and all I want to do when I get home is cuddle with my baby and sleep! I have a sweet tooth and love to each junk and am having a hard time going back to the way I ate before I was pregnant. I'm sick of feeling blah all the time (I would like to have a body that I deserve and so does my hubby) so I've *finally* decided to count calories. I also do light fitness DVDs at home since I have the baby. I'm hoping I can keep up with this...
Thanks for the support!

Replies

• KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This is almost exactly my story, started this past September at 242(going in to deliver baby #2), I was 220 a few weeks post partum when my weight loss slowed, I counted calories, walked with the kids in the stroller as much as possible, and did some light exercise dvd's at home. I also tracked here on MFP. Now 7 months later I have lost all the weight from baby #2 and all but 15lbs of what was left from baby #1. Today I am 175lbs.
    I still only walk as much as I can with the kids, count calories here, and try to get in some exercise at home ( we now have a treadmill wich i do roughly 20 mins 2 or 3 times a week) and an xbox kinect with Zumba games that I do a few times a week for 15 to 30 minutes after the kids are in bed.
    YOU CAN DO THIS! It is absolutely possible and to be perfectly honest EASY! Start by tracking and then slowly change your eating by adding in more water and produce and weeding out the processed junk. I still eat pizza or something for date night once a week and will splurge at the drive thru but this has worked!
    Go on here under tools use the BMR calculator to figure out the bare minimum number of calories your body needs to function(in a coma) set that BMR number as your goal. Then add any activity you do such as walking around, pushing the carriage at the grocery store, playing at the park, raking the leaves ANYTHING. And if you are honest with what you track you will loose weight.
    Friend me if you like and good luck momma!!