What's Your Body Shape?

Options
I believe I am an apple, although I have a small chest, so I'm not really sure. I hold all my weight in my belly and bum though. What am I?

What body shape are you?

Rectangle, Apple, Round, Pear, or Hourglass?

What exercises do you do for your body shape?

Any tips for apple shapes?

Replies

• dropitquick
    Options
    I am definitely an apple. There is a line right in between my butt and love handles where you can see that I hold my weight all in my upper body. I gained 45 pounds and stayed in the same jeans up until the end. I recommend squats, ab work (crunches, reverse crunches, oblique exercises etc.) that targets different muscles in the midsection, lunges, back exercises, etc.
  • dprincess28001
    Options
    a heavy bottomed pear
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I'm hour glass... allbeit a large hour glass...
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Apple..... and even though they say the mid-section is "easier to lose" than say a pear.... I am struggling..... they say for mid-section flab... CARDIO... CARDIO... CARDIO.... so here we go.... gotta do it!!!
  • valleestetner
    valleestetner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definiately an apple, getting more so each year! Where did my waste go???
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. . .I use to be an Apple or Peach? (I think)
    I don't really know what I am now ._.
    I do light exercises such as walking, biking, squats, sit ups and light weights.
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ._.
  • TheKatyBug13
    Options
    I have an apple shape, but I am planning on getting rid of it this summer.
  • darsh11
    darsh11 Posts: 98
    Options
    I am a rectangle. My waist, hips, and chest are all within about two inches of each other in measurement. I gain weight everywhere, and even when I lose weight I still don't look that curvy around the waist. I am fortunate that I have a larger chest or I think I would look like a boy
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my shape is...i am big in the chest area...an embarrassing 30" in the waist and 34" in the hips if i remember correctly. i'm a lumpy breadstick i suppose.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    how do you know what you are.......? I think im top heavy.. semi hour glass ? I am working on the bottom half.. :D
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Hourglass? Or is it just wishful thinking? lol
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hour glass

currently:

Chest: 38
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 41

Sadly I am steroids for an illness and have gained 7 lbs and 1 inch all over in the last month :(

For an apple as with any other shape cardio is your friend. The fastest results for the shortest amount of work out time is swimming. It is great cardio, low impact and works all of your major muscle groups.
  • skyelogan816
    Options
    I'm somewhere between an hourglass and a pear. Probably leaning more toward pear though.
  • Mariannewww
    Options
    I'm an apple in my opinion the worst of all the shapes if I had a waist then at least there would be some context but no!

An the awful line between hips as love handles is the bane of
    My existence! Need to run more! Keep running!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hour glass, different videos and elliptical along with strength training
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Pear.
  • flojo77
    flojo77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Am definitely a pear shape
  • rj1mom84
    rj1mom84 Posts: 2
    Options
    I dont know what shape I am, but whatever I am I dont want to be it anymore!!! LOL I have been doing kickboxing 3 times a week to get this weight off!