How can I be too thin??

Options
13»

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    The crazy tool on here says my BMI is too low. How can I be too thin if I feel like I have weight to loose/muscle to build??

You don't seem too thin by your profile pic
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You sound like you need more help than you're going to get on the internet if the height/weight you stated are correct. Ala you are too skinny, so deal with that and your perception that you even have 10 lbs to lose. Speak to a professional, not us.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    The crazy tool on here says my BMI is too low. How can I be too thin if I feel like I have weight to loose/muscle to build??

If you are 5'4" and 100lbs (same height as me and my GW is 115 and that's on the low side of BMW scale while still be healthy) it's totally possible you aren't seeing what you actually look like when you look in the mirror, it's called body dismorphia and it's not terrible uncommon although it can lead to an eating disorder. Maybe try lifting weight while will add muscle and weight but will cause your body to "firm up" and lose inches.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Seriously?

Listen, OP, the bmi is an antiquated evaluation tool. Talk to your doc. Perhaps what you need to do is gain lean muscle. This will make you look more toned. You might go up a few lbs, but you'll look better. Isn't that what we all want?
    ... unless you're trying to make the wrestling team or something.

I love that you said that, you don't understand the stress I was under in high school when that 1 freaking pound can put you into a whole new weight class lol.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Exercise, tone, eat recommended calories. Ask some people who can see you in person about the "too thin" part. You don't want to be developing an eating disorder! Ask several, so you know it is not just someone who thinks they are being nice.

I agree your bmi is low but bmi is a bad calculator.

And this poster stole my profile pic. LOL
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sad poster deactivated :(:cry: