Nutrition numbers questions

leakewh
leakewh Posts: 91 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
1. Aside from the other health risks associated with a high fat or protien diet, how does going over my daily allowance in these categories effect my weight loss results?

2. Can I look at my weekly breakdown totals somewhere of all the different nutrition categories?

3. I assume the daily caloric intake is designed for just that...daily intake, however; lets say I have a birthday party to go to on Friday and I only get 1/2 my caloric count on Thursday. Can I pick up the spare calories from Thursday on Friday and still expect to meet my weekly weight loss goals?

Thanks

Replies

• Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Yes you can- it's kinda like what weight watchers do- you get extra points to use for the week. It doesn't mean you go crazy but you can enjoy something you may not have if you didn't have the extra calories to do so. I think you are better off getting your exercise in before the party then what ever you eat or drink will be burning off as your enjoying it.

Hope this helps.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    1. Aside from the other health risks associated with a high fat or protien diet, how does going over my daily allowance in these categories effect my weight loss results?

2. Can I look at my weekly breakdown totals somewhere of all the different nutrition categories?

3. I assume the daily caloric intake is designed for just that...daily intake, however; lets say I have a birthday party to go to on Friday and I only get 1/2 my caloric count on Thursday. Can I pick up the spare calories from Thursday on Friday and still expect to meet my weekly weight loss goals?

Thanks

1 that's a tough question to answer. Depends on the KIND of macro nutrients you are eating. In other words, extra protein will be treated, by the body, like carbs in that the body will attempt to use protein for muscle building and such, then when it needs no more, it will (through a different process then carbohydrates) break down the protein and store it for energy or use it directly, same with dietary fats (although in different ways). Very high levels of protein for extended periods can force the liver to work extra hard, which can be dangerous in the long term, but normally, that takes a very high level.

2 yes, in the reports section, you can customize reports to show almost anything you like. Play around with it, it's not hard to figure out.

3 Not really, this is a slippery slope. Certain foods take longer to metabolize than others. WW DOES allow for "banking" calories in some of their plans, and it does work to a point, but you must be very careful with this. Some carbohydrates metabolize in less then two hours, and some proteins can take days to metabolize. Best to try to stick with the plan as given as best you can. Nobody's perfect, and you'll have days where you just can meet your goals, but if you are successfully 90% of the time you should have good results.
    I would suggest if you want to follow this type of "zig-zagging" type of diet, you should do some pretty extensive research into the metabolic process, and how long foods take to metabolize in the body. You don't want to be eating processed flour stuff and expecting it to stick around in your body for a few days, it doesn't, it will just turn to fat if you don't use it up as fuel.
This discussion has been closed.