How many lbs do you lose, on average per week?

Replies

• milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    1.5-2 pounds usually. sometimes it goes higher or lower depending on the week.
  • 10 pounds in 100 days, which I find awesome because right now I have MFP set to only lose a half a pound a week and the first week I was in maintenance mode. So in a little over 11 weeks I have lost twice what I was set to lose.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    I had 4 months with an average of 0.31/week :( Dumb birth control. Aside from that, I'm currently having a TMI problem so I don't know where my weight is really at right now, but as of my last measurement period it would average out to about 1.25 lb/week
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    I pretty consistently lose about 2 lbs a week, when I stay on it. For almost the entire month of March I think I lost 2 pounds total, but that was me not sticking to the program.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    2-3
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Between 3 and 5 pounds per week. A couple of times I've managed 7lbs but they were weeks when I went insane and had to be moving if I wasn't sleeping. Started in January at 354lbs, goal right now is 180lbs so I think I'm fairly on track.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    I started with a goal to lose a total of 101 lbs. The first 40 came off at anywhere from 3 - 8 lbs./wk., the next 30 at around 2 lbs./wk., and the last 5 at 1 - 1.5 lbs./wk. I still have 26 lbs. to go, but I will take them 1 lb. at a time so I can keep them off for good! Oh, and the best part is that I eat anything I want to (in the proper portions), and I am NEVER hungry!

Good luck!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    2-2.5 a week it seems.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    It was about 1.5-2.5lbs per week then when I had a really, really good week, it was .6lbs. I wanted to cry. I have since then taken a break from the scale.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    It is so encouraging to see the success of all of you! Kudos. Mine is about 2lbs. per week. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I have 64 to go.
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    I started at the beginning of Jan this year and had big losses in the early weeks but its slowing down. However my average overall is 1.76lb per week. If this continues I will be happy!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    I'm averaging 1.3 pounds per week lost. I have lost as much as 2 pounds in a week or as little as .2 pounds in a week. I'm not in any hurry to get it off, as I want to be able to keep it off once it's gone. I've been going a little over 16 weeks now, and I'm down 20.8 pounds, and I feel great.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    42lbs in 39 weeks.

36 years old
    5'10"
    SW 210
    CW 168
    GW 160
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Thinkthinstaythin Posts: 42 Member
    I lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. Not sure what week. I have kept if off so far. By same diet and not going back to old habits. you can look at my diary and see the jist of what i do.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    On average? .5 some weeks none. I only want to lose 10LBS and don't really "need" to lose any. And I've beefed up my weights and cardio. Oh, and then there's menopause. lol
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Thinkthinstaythin Posts: 42 Member
    also I am 145 5"8 goal 115
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Overall average is 2 lbs per week. I started Jan. 1st. But it has slowed up the last 6 weeks or so, which I totally expected. Right now losing abt. 1 per week.
  • an average of 2.75 lbs a week :)

18 weeks and lost 50 lbs :)
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    1.5-2 pounds per week average. Some more, some less.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    13 weeks here and down 23 lbs.. 1.5 ish lbs a week?