TGIF!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. I know I am! We got a puppy last weekend, and he has been keeping us on our feet! Also I told myself that when I reach a certain goal with my weight, which I just did, I was going to chop my hair off and donate it in honor of my sister in-law who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I think that short hair looks horrible on me, but hopefully I will get a good new hairstyle.. I figure who cares... it is for a good cause!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Replies

• kimford28
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. I know I am! We got a puppy last weekend, and he has been keeping us on our feet! Also I told myself that when I reach a certain goal with my weight, which I just did, I was going to chop my hair off and donate it in honor of my sister in-law who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I think that short hair looks horrible on me, but hopefully I will get a good new hairstyle.. I figure who cares... it is for a good cause!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    What you are doing is fantastic. Great job. It nice to have people who are willing to do that for others.
    Thank you!:flowerforyou:
    Congrats on you goal and your puppy. What kind did you get?
    Dogs are great. They are so much like people. Enjoy.
    Have a great weekend too.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal! That's fantastic! :flowerforyou:
    Will you post a pic of the new haircut?
  • kimford28
    Options
    Thanks! We got a cholate lab:) his name is Murphy! :bigsmile:
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    You are very special helping out your sister-in-law. I have volunteered at cancer support centers before. It is very rewarding. My mom had breas cancer a few years ago. It is very hard to go through. It is hard on the supporters too - make sure you take time for yourself as well so you can be at your best to help her.

Congrats on the new puppy too! Yes - please tell us what type of puppy you got - and the name!

I liked your wedding pictures too! Beautiful dress!
  • kimford28
    Options
    Depends what it looks like:) my hair is naturally curly, but I sometimes straighten it... hopefully I can get a style that works with both curly and straight hair!

My sister in-law lives in colorado, so there isn't much I can do for here since I live on the east coast. Her two brother and dad shaved their heads in honor of her, and 2 of her sisters donated their hair too. Even though my sister in-law is only 30, she is a fighter and I really admire that...
  • dogwdots
    Options
    Be sure to send her lots of cards. Everyone I've met says that it is nice. It gives them something to look at when they can't do much else because of the chemo. making them feel so bad. Someone told me too that right after treatments she would take a bath in Sea Salts and baking soda - i would help pull the toxins out of her body so she wouldn't feel as bad as long. you might want to pass that tip on to her. And especially to keep her weith up but drinl LOTS of water after the treatments.
  • dogwdots
    Options
    Sorry about the typos - Have fun with the new haircut. It might be kind of fun to have short hair for a bit.