Ladies... A bra muffin top

Options
I have what I have affectionately started to name a bra muffin top. Basically, on top and under my bra i have a muffin top! Particularly under my arms, not my boobs, but like the fat below my boobs and round the sides (side boob I guess)? Now I am doing the 30 day shred and eating well, lost 30 lbs this year already, planning to lose about 1 more stone, but more slowly, but this really bothers me as in strapless dresses/tops, I squidge out under my arms and I'm only a UK 10/12 so feel fat with squidge.

Is there anything I can do to help reduce it?

Replies

• darlingkaya
    Options
    No. Spot reducing is IMPOSSIBLE.. its all about over all weight loss.. buy a bigger bra to wear until you lose the weight : ) if its bigger it doesnt make muffin tops, only if its to small and wraps around you to tightly : )

Just remember, its only UNTIL you lose the rest of the weight :) for your comfort! ;)
  • Melzicious
    Options
    Go to a specialty bra shop and get fitted for a proper bra! What you describe is pretty much the hallmark of an ill fitting bra. But since you're still losing weight, just get one good fitting one that you can wear pretty much every day. Because you will lose it in the chest. I have everything from 34G-34DD. haha
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You may have to bite the bullet and get fitted for a bra. Yes, fitted. Most of us don't wear the right sized bra and therefore, the boob spillover....
  • mariaflores041510
    Options
    Well I think working out all over will help get rid of the problem, also a bra that fits snug but not too tight. You could also add some strength training to your workouts that work out you back to help tone it some more.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    30DS may help. Over the last couple month I've only lost 6 lbs but I've been working out. A lot of the stuff in 30DS helped. So if you can live with it a little longer I'd wait til you make it through 30 days and then go get fitted..
  • ndpredbone1
    Options
    Sounds like you need to be properly fitted for a new bra size. Take it from a top heavy girl, the right bra makes all the difference in the world.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I have what I have affectionately started to name a bra muffin top. Basically, on top and under my bra i have a muffin top! Particularly under my arms, not my boobs, but like the fat below my boobs and round the sides (side boob I guess)? Now I am doing the 30 day shred and eating well, lost 30 lbs this year already, planning to lose about 1 more stone, but more slowly, but this really bothers me as in strapless dresses/tops, I squidge out under my arms and I'm only a UK 10/12 so feel fat with squidge.

Is there anything I can do to help reduce it?

you need to get properly measured. Have a look at the Ultimate Strapless Bra, by Wonderbra.
    It is the best strapless bra I've ever worn, and it gives an amazing shape

if you've got a Designer outlet village near you with a Berlei/playtex/wonderbra shop, they are selling them for £15, but they are £35 in the shops.
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! Yeah I guess that could be it! Basically I've got this gorgeous strapless dress, the UK 12 falls off me and I can't wear it because it'd fall down :P and the UK 10 is a little too small... so I guess at the end of the 30DS i'll go and see and get fitted and hope that helps!

I do have a layer of fat all over me I'd like to get rid of, just not sure how. Everyone says running is really good, but I really can't run... I hate running!
  • cazsyl
    cazsyl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I got fitted for the first time ever last year and was so shocked at how wrong my size was the girl showed me on the tape measure.

I have a major problem buying a sports bra that fits though and have 1 but I have to wear my normal bra underneath to try to reduce the bounce - there's an awful lot of bounce doing the jumping jacks on 30 DS :blushing: