Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hey there, what have people used? I go to 24 hour fitness so was considering the Body Bugg, but then you have to pay each month to see the calories you've burned? The reviews for FitBit vary.
Any advice?

Im just looking to see how many calories Im burning at the gym so I can make sure Im accurate in counting exercise with MFP

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use New Balance duo with chest strap.
    It shows calorie burn, heart rate, & you program in your height, weight, gender, & age for your target HR zones. And it will show on the screen if you're in the zone (you can set it to beep when in the zone, but I turned that off. )
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - works great! Chest strap/watch combo.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Polar HRMs are the gold standard. Popular models are the FT4, FT7, FT40 and FT60. I've personally used the FT7 and FT40 with great satisfaction.
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex Ironman Roadmaster and I love it!!! I used to have a sportsline one and it was not very good. My timex comes with a chest strap, which I really like. I can't even tell that I'm wearing it anymore.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I have a petite Mio, it's a watch only HRM, tracks heart rate (resting and active) tracks calories burned and you can track calories consumed too
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had an older polar HRM but it quit after 7 years so I purchased a Polar FT7 and I love it it shows HR, Cal Burned and tracks Training sessions....
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Polar HRMs are the gold standard. Popular models are the FT4, FT7, FT40 and FT60. I've personally used the FT7 and FT40 with great satisfaction.

I have FT4 (will probably upgrade when I am more active) but.... I LOVE IT!!!! I now see how MFP can over exaggerate calories burned (good on a binge day though lol).
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS.

Indoor workouts I only use it occasionaly to check my heart rate to check max, and recoverer time - and I can get a graph on my computer of the whole workout.

Now I'm using it for outdoor walking,and the GPS calculates the distance walked, and the mph walk speed, and I can separate results into laps.