The P.I.N.K Method?? Does it work or a scam?

Options
I just started phase 1 of the PINK method today. Has anyone heard of this? The workout seemed pretty intense but I dont have alot to compare it to.

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I know that Dr. Phil endorses it, for whatever that is worth. It seems way too intense and High Impact for me. But I am a pansy when it comes to Exercise.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I think I saw some of the results demonstrated on The Doctors, but I can't help but be a little skeptic on it. Just because it was demonstrated on a TV show does not mean that it would work for everyone. I don't know, it just hangs heavy over my head, the way that it could affect a lot of people, including people who might have medical conditions that this could affect...
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I just started phase 1 of the PINK method today. Has anyone heard of this? The workout seemed pretty intense but I dont have alot to compare it to.

What exactly is it, if I may ask? I've seen a lot of advertisements for it but never any real info...
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about it, but I had an employee come into my office today (I am in wellness) to take her measurements to see her progress with this method. She has lost 27 pounds in about 3 months. Seems to be working for her.... I am on the internet to research this now.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    From the pink method website-

1. PINK Reset: A detoxifying short-term diet designed to jump-start your metabolism. You will use the PINK Matrix to find out how long you stay on the this phase. PINK Reset will give you super-fast results and get you ready for the core of the PINK Method diet.

2. PINK Primary: A fat-fighting diet that reintroduces the body to high-energy foods to fuel physical activity for Phase 1 of the fitness program. You stay on PINK Primary until you are about 5 - 10 pounds from your goal and then you move on.

3. The 7-Day Shred: A seven-day program incorporating nutrient rich “Shred Soup” that blasts away the last few stubborn pounds and keeps you from hitting weight-loss plateaus. The 7 Day Shred is designed to bust you through those last few pounds without hitting a plateau.

This wreaks of quackery.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My cousin is doing the PINK method and doing very well on it. I dont really know the details of the plan but she loves it. She has posted a few pics of her meals on FB and they look delish. She says her daughter even likes what she is cooking. She says the exercise is kicking her butt lol.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    From the pink method website-

1. PINK Reset: A detoxifying short-term diet designed to jump-start your metabolism. You will use the PINK Matrix to find out how long you stay on the this phase. PINK Reset will give you super-fast results and get you ready for the core of the PINK Method diet.

2. PINK Primary: A fat-fighting diet that reintroduces the body to high-energy foods to fuel physical activity for Phase 1 of the fitness program. You stay on PINK Primary until you are about 5 - 10 pounds from your goal and then you move on.

3. The 7-Day Shred: A seven-day program incorporating nutrient rich “Shred Soup” that blasts away the last few stubborn pounds and keeps you from hitting weight-loss plateaus. The 7 Day Shred is designed to bust you through those last few pounds without hitting a plateau.

This wreaks of quackery.

Still not a whole lotta info, eh? Sounds like the same thing we MFP members do every day with diet and exercise and we don't have to pay through the nose to call it a fancy "method" and eat weird foods ("Shred soup"? :huh: I'll take some real food over here)... :flowerforyou:

I found this on a diff forum:
    "Hi, 4 days ago I started a new diet/ exercise program called the pink method, it is just for women , it's 90 days long, u begin with what is called ' pink reset ' , this is anywhere from 3 to 14 days long, it's according to your weight and height, I'm 5'3" , 22 years old and weigh 134 lbs. I started the reset diet 4 days ago and have now lost 2 pounds, on the pink reset diet u do not work out because you don't have enough food intake during this phase of the diet, therefore not enough energy. The reset diet is a smoothie in the morning, a protein and low calorie veg for lunch and supper. It's so easy to follow because u get a book that tells u Wat to eat everyday and recipes. After 7 days I start phase one which mean I can eat a little more food but I begin working out using the phase 1 workout DVD, this lasts about 3 weeks, than phase 2, than phase 3 , than the shredder , which gets rid of all the left over pounds . Between each phase you do the reset diet again. This is such a brilliant diet. I will blog my journey through this if anyone is interested. I promise u will end up buying this program"

Things that caught my eye:

"on the pink reset diet u do not work out because you don't have enough food intake during this phase of the diet, therefore not enough energy. "

"After 7 days I start phase one which mean I can eat a little more food but I begin working out using the phase 1 workout DVD, this lasts about 3 weeks, than phase 2, than phase 3 , than the shredder , which gets rid of all the left over pounds . Between each phase you do the reset diet again."

I'll definitely pass on this one, i'd rather lose the weight fairly slowly and healthfully than use this method.
  • Luckiestmom24
    Options
    I feel compelled to respond. It's not "quackery" at all. It makes total sense - eat right and exercise! Isn't this what EVERYBODY says?

I have been on the Pink Method since it debuted in November. It DOES work, it's NOT fast, and it is totally healthy and do-able, especially with the beginner modifications provided for every exericse. The workouts are hard at first because let's face it, the great majority starting on ANY healthy lifestyle are NOT fit and healthy! Let's admit we're couch potatoes and move on. Of course you're going to need to get in shape and shock your body out of its peaceful and unhealthy slumber! I absolutely cannot imagine anyone NOT liking this program, unless you love being fat, lazy and unhealthy. PINK works diligently to get processed, fattening, sugary, chemical-laden foods out of our and our family's diets and encourages us every step of the way to eat whole, real foods. I have never seen a program as complete and concise as this one. The creator has taken all of the guesswork out of getting fit and healthy. The meal blueprints are a guideline to be followed exactly or make your own substitutions if you don't care for the suggested menus. For some women, following the suggested menu exactly is the only route to success; for others, it is possible to make smart substitutions and still succeed in the program. Everybody is different, which is the true beauty of the Pink Method. It is designed to lead each of us to our healthy, fit best selves. If you're not willing to put forth the effort, you will NOT get the results. Isn't this true for anything in life? You will get out of it exactly what you put into it. A half-baked effort will yield half-baked results. Of course there are tons of factors figured into each individuals weight loss - age, genetics, prior weight loss experiences, physical fitness level.... These factors will, in part, influence each persons rate of weight loss, but it also depends on how much effort you put forth. You're not ever going to get healthy, fit and toned by sitting on the couch, watching tv all day every day. A bit of output will be required. If you really think about it, what is an hour-long workout out of your day? Most people spend much more time than that either sitting at a computer (for pleasure) or watching tv.

I do not understand what is "quackery" about eating healthy and moving. If you are looking for a lifestyle in which you eat high fat, high carbs and high calories, this is definitely not it. If you are looking to shed the unwanted pounds, look and feel better about yourself and your appearance, this is the best (and only) way to go, in my opinion. I've tried TONS of weight loss programs, fad diets and gimmicks, but honestly if I am required to buy their specific foods (processed, stocked with chemicals and unhealthy, I might add!), and find my own way to a healthy workout system I can enjoy and stick with, I won't stick with it nor will it be sustainable for life. In other words, the majority of the programs require that you eat THEIR food (of course, they make more money that way!), don't give you any help in finding exercises that will work for you. My favorite aspect of PINK is all of the "body shockers" that are built into the program. Plateau busters, progressive phases within the program, and maintenance when you've reached your goal weight.

If you haven't tried it, don't knock it. If you have tried it and for some odd reason didn't like it, I wish you the greatest luck in finding a program better suited to success.:smile:
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    If only it came with those little pink dumbells.....
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    That's not an exercise and eating plan, it's yet another fruity religion based on buzz words.

It can both work AND be a scam.
  • MD31683
    MD31683 Posts: 1
    Options
    While we can all eat healthy & Loose weight on our own, this method sets the basic rules for learning to eat healthy.
    To say it's "quackery" & not have done it is ludicrous. It works great. I still order pizza every Friday & eat ice cream if I so choose.
    The book just explains the whys, whens, & hows of eating & loosing. The Reset is just to jump start your metabolism. You CAN workout but for 15 minutes or less. The bottom line is if you don't like it don't do it. That choice doesn't entitle anyone to degrade & put down a LIFESTYLE they themselves don't follow. For those who have tried everything else & nothing has worked...try PINK. It works.
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just can't mind my own business.
    Any diet should in clude protein fat and carbsor you can't follow it forever. Take it from a yo-yoer, as long as it takes to loose it is how long it takes to gain it back.
    My favorite thing about MFP is it focuses on the goal 5 weeks from nownot 7 days from now. A grown-up should aim for 1-2lbs a week. I put my "in 5 weeks you wil weigh on my calendar and i have hit all the goals.
    But pink is a great color,and I encourage anyone who is trying to get healthy.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no advertising here LOL :laugh:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Don't usually post on this board but I have to chime in and defend the pink! Yeah it's a little gimmicky, but I did it for five months straight and it got me into the best shape of my life. The workouts are real, and hardcore! I am a little sad it didn't catch on more, actually, I guess people think its a fad. I will do these DVDs for the rest of my life, after doing them, level 3 of 30DS seemed easy.
  • bberringer
    Options
    I am on the Pink Method Reset phase, and I have lost 6 pounds in 4 days. I decided on the Pink Method after seeing my close friends success! I think this program is a little more do-able because you can eat unlimited amounts of veggies, so when you get a snack craving you can eat SOMETHING. Also, you don't have to count and measure so much. I think its like anything, you get out what you put in.
  • BritAiton
    Options
    I used it and loved it. And it does allow for fat - some low fat dressings or extra virgin olive oil. Honestly it was the best workouts of my life, with the best nutrition I've ever given my body. I'd rather do this, then go back to sitting on my lazy butt eating junk food all the time. That probably damaged me more than this ever could. I'm also tired of hearing it's restrictive in what everyone seems to think is the worst sense. Yes, it is very specific. But it's the only "diet" I've ever heard of that allows one to consume unlimited veggies in between meals to help you not get hangry or want to create a snacrifice. lol.
  • judyweems14
    Options
    I have been using the Pink method since July of 2012. I lost 25 pounds on this diet. I would like to say that I don't look at this as a diet so much as a lifestyle change. While I stray occasionally I have pretty much removed processed foods, and sugar from my diet. I eat when I am hungry but I make healthy choices. I am not starving, restricted, or forced to log in food, keep track of points, or weigh and measure my food. The only thing I would say negative about the program is that for older women (I'm 67) the exercises are too intense. I kept doing the videos up to stage 3 and then my knee started bothering me. I now do water aerobics, aerobics classes, elliptical, and walking. The plan still works. The diet is not difficult and I am now so used to eating healthy food that it is hard for me to eat otherwise. This is the first diet I have tried that has made it possible for me to maintain my weight loss. Any other plan like weight watchers, nutri system, Atkins, have failed because I gave up, got tired of it, or bored. With this plan I feel like I am eating real food and there is no ongoing cost involved. My doctor even called it an anti cancer diet. It's healthy and easy.
  • sharonleyne
    Options
    CHANGED my LIFE! Again like any program you get out what you put in. You have to make the decision to change, and keep making that decision every day or you will fail, just like I did....many many times! I went from barely being able to do the moves in the first phase to being able to do the full 80 minutes at the end of the program.....and LOVING IT!!! Every day I had to choose to get out of bed to do it and not fall back on bad habits. Sticking with the meal plans is a MUST, and although I am NOT as strict as I was on the program I still integrate most of what I learned. I lost over 40 lbs and went from a size 16 to a 6 during the program. It was INTENSE but I kept at it because I knew I would be kicking myself if I didn't. I started the program because a friend had MAJOR success, and many have followed because of mine. Choosing to change beyond the 3 month program is key, maintaining by exercising and making better choices for eating is what will keep the weight off. After PINK I started Chalean Extreme and LOVE THAT too! If you love strength training it is the one for you!
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    basically any time a diet or fitness routine refers to "fat blasting" or "jump starting your metabolism", I think you need to approach it with a high degree of skepticism.