How often are you doing this????

Options
Taking measurements and body fat percentages?

when do u generally take them? (AM, PM, Post Workout, Pre Workout.) Post your beginning measurements and current and how long it took to drop those inchessss.

Replies

• LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I take my BMI and measurements in the morning, both are done pre-workout. I've been told that having your BMI measured post-workout will give you inaccurate results. I have these done once a month.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    A little off topic, but does anyone know how to translate BMI into body fat percentages? I know BMI is an index, so not a percentage, but I am sure they are related in some way. Maybe there is a formula to estimate fat percentages from BMI?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    A little off topic, but does anyone know how to translate BMI into body fat percentages? I know BMI is an index, so not a percentage, but I am sure they are related in some way. Maybe there is a formula to estimate fat percentages from BMI?

BMI has nothing to do with body fat %.

My BMI is almost overweight and my BF% is borderline athletic.

I mesure first thing in the morning once a month and I have my BF% once a year at the dr with callipers
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Cool, I found a formula for converting BMI to body fat percentage. They are related in a somewhat complicated way, so just an estimate but still interesting: http://www.halls.md/bmi/fat.htm

Use with caution though; it is a very rough estimate.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I take a waist measurement and bf % (holding machine) whenever i feel i haven't binged for over 2 weeks and i think i've made progress.