La Fitness trainers are annoying

Options
Every time I try to work out at la fitness,I get the trainers coming up to me saying their same shpiel about the personal training how weight lifting is good for you.although that may be true,I don't want to right now and I alley experienced their personal training packages....not impressed. He basically looked at me and said, "we can tone all that up"...are you kidding me? I lost 20 lbs already without being harassed at the gym for me to buy personal training packages.was he calling me a fatty? Can they mind their business and leave me alone! Way to knock me off my cloud of confidence. whatever.

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Used car salesmen. All of them.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I got suckered into the PT program there twice! I don't know why I did it the second time around when the first experience wasn't very good.

And talk about "phoning it in" at the gym: that is what the last trainer has been doing. He was even worse than the first one I had.

A while ago I decided I can motivate myself and I have all the knowledge I need to get fit. And I already have Jillian yelling at me from a DVD, so... I sucked it up and cancelled the training, despite the cancellation fees. :noway:
  • Lesparza888
    Options
    LOL way funny!!! Yup, I get one of those dudes every once in a while. They all work off commission for the most part, so don't be surprized if they keep coming. Next time offer to help them shape up their brain muscles... Scan his/her head with your eyes and tell them you can help them with all that mental flab... ;)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yeah, unless you're a billionaire there's no reason for a personal trainer. The gym I go to offer free basic sessions anyway, even if you're not a member, to tell you if your form is right and write up a program for you.

But seriously, weight lifting is good, and the sooner you start the better, because you lose muscle as well as fat when you lose weight from diet/cardio alone.
    Lifting heavy weights basically makes you thinner faster, and you can eat more :D

But srsly, I'd change gyms, I cba with people trying to sell me stuff when I'm working out, you can do weights without a trainer, there's this thing called internet :D
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would never use a trainer. I met with one at LA Fitness and she was BEYOND sweet. She said she talks to her clients all the time by phone and email...but I would rather not spend that much money on something when I can do it on my own.
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    my husband and I joined up, and signed up for personal training. We've used two sessions total. The first session was horrible, The woman we got, was annoyed because we kept joking and laughing. Well, Sorry honey but I don't take ANYTHING that serious, and if I wasn't taking my weight loss seriously, I wouldn't be paying the gym an obscene amount of money for you to "help" me. We stopped signing up for the sessions. BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY EVER. I've found more help and results with Jillian Miachel's DVD's than with the trainers. Although I will admit, the first trainer, the one we signed up with, was awesome, but that's how they lure you in, they put you with the good trainers who then pass you off to the ones who are clueless. *rolls eyes*