gym classes

Options
Hi I'm new to my fitness pal - how should I enter a class I took at the gym into my exercise? I took a sculpt and tone class that does some cardio, but mostly strength training, i.e. squats, lunges, curls, 21's, tricep kickbacks, ab work. Nothing comes up in the data base, I don't want to enter each exercise (I have a few things to do in my life than log my food and exercise online). Any advice? For now I am adding it as cardio (b/c the strength training section requires # of reps and weights used ets.) as a new exercise and estimating that it burns about 400 calories

Replies

• kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'd probably call it circuit training unless you used a heart rate monitor in which case you could just enter the calories.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I created my own for my gym classes under cardio (even though they're not necessarily cardio) since I know them by the name of the class and I used my Mio HRM (it tracks calories burned) to get my calorie value. Now I can go in and reuse that class every time I take it (I still use my HRM so if my calorie burn changes for the class I can update)