New to MFP

Options
So I have used the my fitness pal app for about a year on and off but never got super serious about loosing weight until I made a new years resolution. No fast foods, no fried foods, and counting calories on everything I eat. I am looking for some support and friends on here that are around my age (18). I have always been overweight even as a little kid but it got worse after my grandma who raised me had a stroke and could no longer cook meals. I gained so much weight that right now I am in the high 300's. I am not a lazy person and I have the drive to become healthy, I know I can't live like this anymore. So just looking for good support around my age to add me. :)

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You've already made a bunch if smart decisions! Congratulations on good moves already made and on the journey you've decided to take!
  • Linda1028
    Linda1028 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not even close to your age, more like your grandmother's age, but I was 311 and thanks to this site and my fitbit I have gone down to 164 with a goal of 142 (it's taken a bit over a year and half). Stick to "real foods", no fads. I do a weekly average of 1200-1300 cal a day,i.e, Thanksgiving I had about 1600 calories, but then the next 2 days I did around 1100, so again it a WEEKLY average of 1200-1300 a day, One hour of exercise a day (ellipical, treadmill or just a good long walk, nothing extreme).and I always, always, always use this myfitness.com to track my food. I do it a week at at time (M-F are pretty much same old-same old days for me). I cannot believe the motivation that tracking has given me and the fitbit synch's with this so it keeps track of calories burned, stairs climbed and most improtantly my steps ( I have done my goal of 10,000 a day every day for the last 2 months) and uploads it to the myfitness.com site!! So the very best of luck to you, it's going to work as good as you work it. Weight loss is never "age -related", it's the same issue if you are 18 or 98 (not my "real age":smile: )