Introductions!

Options
Hello! I am new to this forum (my sister directed me here - she is also a member)

I am a stay at home mum to a very busy little girl, who is whipping me into shape. I want to stay in shape so I can be a fun mum. :)

As far as food goes, I am a big believe in clean eating. We have very, very little in the way of processed food in our house. I make everything from scratch (except for the occasional box of KD for my hubby lol).

I have a terrible addiction to baked goods, which is awful because I am married to a professional baker.

I have been a bigger girl all my life - I weighed 150lbs at age 11 (I had/have a thyroid deficiency and good eating habits we NOT instilled in the family) and hit 200 before graduating high school. I got myself under control a bit before prom and sat around 180lbs for a good few years.

After struggling between 180 and 200 for a few years, I land myself at 145lbs after a lot of hard work (also, i picked up the bad habit of smoking).

After becoming pregnant with my daughter, I quit smoking and needless to say, that coupled with the cravings, combined with my inability to feel full and emotionally eating (gee, that's great when you're pregnant, by the way >.< ) I found myself back to 180 at the time of her birth.

In the first year of her life, I topped 230lbs. I had enough: at this point she was beginning to walk (read: RUN) and pull herself up on things (read: CLIMB THE BOOKCASE IN .5 SECONDS) and I wanted to be able to keep up with her. To run with her at the park. to sit on the floor with her and be able to feel the lower half of my body after more than 30 seconds. To help her grow up with fewer struggles than I have been faced with.

After a year of *really* hard work I dropped back down to 144lbs (sans smoking, I might add.) But at the beginning of winter I slipped up and stopped working out. I also indulge myself a little too often, not too bad though.

I am here to get myself back on track.

So, Hello!

Replies

• Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Glad I could convince you to join <3 This site is awesome.
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome - there's lots of support here to help you on your way - feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I don't think I could handle being married to a baker! I LOVE baked goods...you are strong :happy:

Feel free to add me as a friend if you promise to share your husband's baking!

Does he know of any low calorie recipes but still taste sinfully full of fat?
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

if you are here to lose weight or maintain your weight, you've come to the right place.
    I've been here for over 200 days and can tell you that it does work.

Anyway, I wish you well and good luck on your journey here.....

Also, feel free to add me as a friend if you like :-)
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I feel your pain - married to a chef. We also try to eat as clean as possible and have two children. I'm new here too, add me!