Wanting to have a BODY like a Bodybuilder! Ripped

Options
I love going to the gym and enjoy exercising.
I am reasonably physically active. I have about 10-20 hours a week where I can exercise, and usually do about 90mins-120mins a day.
I do a wide range of cardiovascular and weighted activities - walk, jog, (usually both with pram) rowing machine, cycle (road and spin bike) tramp, lift weights, horse ride, etc...

I have always wanted to have a body like a bodybuilders. I dont want to compete in bodybuilding competitions, but I would love to have lean, defined muscles.....!

I suppose my diet is more than likely what is giving me the 'soft/fat' look.
I have a protein shake (with frozen blueberries whizzed up) before I go to the gym in the morning.

I carry my weight on my butt.

Where should I start??!
Any words of wisdom greatfully received!

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Leangains
    New Rules of Lifting for Women (if you're a woman...I guess)

Muscle definition is going to show at really low body fat levels.

Also, cardio is counter productive to muscle growth if you do it for long periods and high intensity.

Brought to you by your local bro-scientist.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but are you male or female (sorry, but I can't tell without a personal photo)?

If you are female, you can lift all the weights you want, but you will not look like a bodybuilder without the use of steriods (Yuck!). Most females do not have enough testostone to get a body builders body without them, however, there are exceptions. You can look very buff and toned and even have some great looking muslces through proper lifting. And yes, a lot of it has to do with your diet. The fitness model I know work their butts off and eat a very strict diet to look that amazing.

If you are male, having a body builders body is much easier (but still lots of work). Lots of working out, lifting, and yes following a very strict diet.

If it were me, I'd contact a really good personal trainer through your gym and they can give you some wonderful advice on your workouts and diet.
  • TODJ06
    TODJ06 Posts: 85
    Options
    Opps, sorry! Yes I am female. 32 years old.

I am quite muscly already, however, I have a good coating of fat! lol

I need to manage what I eat I reckon, input more so than output! as my output is good, it is what i eat that lets me down i reckon.

Any advice on a lean, mean, muscle-machine diet??
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    have you checked out bodybuilder.com. lots of good routines by some pretty muscular fitness models there