women and taking protein ?!

Options
ashleyrg
ashleyrg Posts: 85 Member
I just lost a bunch of weight. Im still looking to loose more as well as gain muscle. Is it ok for me to take protein.powder or shakes. I have no idea about this topic. Please help.

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: If you're looking to gain muscle, you should be doing some serious strength training and increase your protein intake especially after your workout
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being a female and using protein shakes. I make protein smoothies after every workout.
  • lisabraydon2
    Options
    I've been adding vanilla soy protein isolate to waffles or smoothies.. I get it from the bulk section at whole foods or sprouts..I personally don't advise drinking all the supplemental type protein drinks..too much crap you DONT need in them. Get your own protein powder and add it yourself.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    if you're lifting weights, then yes you should have protein shakes if it's hard for you to hit your needed protein intake. if not, it's the same as any regular food.
  • Nu_Mel
    Nu_Mel Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm still about 7kg off my goal weight, but I have 3 shakes a day. I always have one just after training, one before bed, and then an extra during the day.