My fears

Options
I am afraid, even though I am losing, that I will still look the same. I feel my clothes getting a bit baggier, but I fear that nothing will change with my looks n it wont show, that I will still look fat. Anybody else feel that way too?

Replies

• LizzBetty
    LizzBetty Posts: 11
    Options
    My fears are a bit different. In my current status most people dont consider me one way or another. Females dont consider me a threat, and guys just dont consider me at all. So currently I get to see people for who they are and they dont put on pretenses around me.

My fear is that once I start losing weight I will once again become visible to the world. All the catty female personalities will go under ground. The guys with no real personalities will become so charming and phony. People that I've only been kind to will be out to use me in some way.
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of losing all the weight I want to..
    I am afraid of what comes with that..

Attention from people I'd rather not get attention from (liars, etc.)
    Being "wanted or desired" when I wouldn't want me.. changing that mind set is harder than losing weight..
    I am afraid of being Happy..

I am just afraid of being worth it- there's good and bad to losing the weight.

It sucks trying to convince yourself that you're worth it and the negatives that come a long with it are also worth it..
  • Ceit60
    Ceit60 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm never going to lose weight and I'm always going to look like an elephant and have pains and be out of breath
  • golfergirl4eva
    Options
    I have lost 42 pounds, and sometimes I still feel that way.... :( The mental/emotional journey is equally as hard as losing the weight. People compliment me and tell me I look good, yet I still see the heavier me. It takes time, but I am working on it.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm never going to lose weight and I'm always going to look like an elephant and have pains and be out of breath

don't say that!!!......
  • Ceit60
    Options
    It's true - I have a bad history and it's all caught up on me and now I seem to be stuck
  • Ceit60
    Options
    Anyway - sorry I was getting away from the point. If you are losing weight and your clothes are getting baggier, then you will be changing in appearance, and you should give yourself milestone boosts, for example a new hairdo, new accessories (belts etc) that show the new you, and when the time comes new clothes. They don't have to be brand new, just something a little better fitting, a little shapelier. You will be fine. Good luck, good look!!
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    We're all worth it! We just need that drive... to Never Give Up & Always to Move Forward.
    Finding that is hard... I always say- I will start tomorrow.

When will that Tomorrow come?! I am hoping soon..
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I still feel that way sometimes. I was so used to being "the size" that I just got "comfortable" and accepted I would always look that way. I have since lost 33 pounds from Oct. 2011 and have certainly changed my tune about what I want to look like as I already am "feeling" great! I still make jokes about my weight out of habit. I really am starting to like me and my new appearance and hope one day I can fall in "love" with her!~ Changes are good, as long as you are willing to accept them. You will be so happy you challenged yourself and did something of your very own. You have nothing to fear as your Journey will help you heal, grow, and succeed! Best of Luck to you. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm never going to get under 300 lbs. I'm afraid my weight is going to keep me from having children. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep going and that I'm going to fail at any moment. This is a really scary journey sometimes...
  • Ceit60
    Options
    I've been told that if you want it enough, you can make it happen - especially if you want children. Go for it and don't give up. One step at a time