Hello from South Carolina

Options
Hello, I am going to try this thing out. Not sure if I will keep up with it cause I have not been able to find a free program that has everything I am looking for but this seems to be okay. Not sure about logging the exercise stuff though. Is there a database you can get to come up, like if just doing some arm exercises with some free weights and I did a 10 minute ab workout. I have no clue how many calories I burned doing that. Anyway we shall see. Thanks, Lisa :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome, fellow southerner! I'm from Georgia. I like this site a lot so far. There is an exercise database that you can click on. If you find your exercise, you can go back and type it in to add it to your exercise log with how many minutes or reps.:smile:
  • volsfan069
    Options
    I am a southerner too...Tennessee here!

I love the exercise database and it adds the calories burned to your daily allowance. I have a pedometer that helps keep up with burned calories too.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Another southerner - North Carolina!

Welcome!! You can do it!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    South Carolina here too! What part? I'm in Pee Dee Area.
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hey, Fit4Vet, my husband's grandfather was from Darlington, SC. That's in the Pee Dee region, right? We're going to stop there on our way north this summer.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yep Darlington is definitely Pee Dee & surrounding area. I'm not far from there at all! About 20 or 30 minutes actually! Wow, what a small world.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome from "Southern Washingon"--the state that is, not DC:smile:

BTW, just want to mention, if you are wanting to lose, you will need to do some cardio in addition to working with weights. It is cardio that will burn the calories as well as increase your metabolism and help you lose.

I looked at several free sites, and this was the best. Great group of people too.

Good Luck:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sugarlips35
    Options
    Hello back. Hey I am looking for a good pedometer. May I ask what kind you have? I have problems with them keeping an accurate track and the ones I see at Target have no click or your supposed to put it in your pocket. I dont always have pockets so what do ya do? I get frustrated sometimes due to there is so much on the market to buy!! Help please, thanks, Lisa :sad:
  • sugarlips35
    Options
    Hell and thanks for the motivation. I got God on my side I know this and that keeps me going thru my struggles with HIm by my side. I wish everyone felt this way! :happy:
  • sugarlips35
    Options
    Hey there, I am in Columbia. Pee Dee is in the upstate area right? I am so unfamiliar with this area and have been living here for almost 2 years. I dont get around much. he he.. Maybe I will someday after the kids are grown. Thanks for your support. Lisa
  • sugarlips35
    Options
    Hey there. Right, I do a cardio. I have my good weeks and bad weeks though. Latley its been more bad than good is my problem. Last week I had a bad kinck in my neck and was miserable most of the week, but Saturday I was finally feeling better. It just seems when you get on a good exercise role something comes along to wear you down. Thanks, Lisa. Have a great day!
  • KatieKitchens
    Options
    Anyone from the Columbia area? I just joined yesterday.... love this site!