PROTEIN SHAKES!

Options
I have been wanting to start protein shakes, but can't seem to find any relatively cheaper ones that seem like they would actually work!

Does anybody know the best brands for shakes? Don't fancy spending £30 a tub if it's gonna be crap.

Ideally looking for something cheaper with 50+ servings in one tub, all about saving the money these days :(

Replies

• bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I bought 1kg of unflavoured 'impact whey protein' from myprotein for £13.79 delivered - you can get flavoured ones too.
    I used a combination of codes to get a £2.28 discount (almost works out at free delivery), which was using a referral code for 5% off (my code is MP616331) then you can also use their price beater tool (on the main page, bottom of the left hand column). If you input the site www.bulkpowders.co.uk then you get a further discount :smile:

Edit: they don't come with a scoop as default, so I needed to buy one of those too. A serving is 25g.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yer, myprotein seems good to me, I got a 5kg bag of the unflavored one a while ago, and still working my way through it. Not the best tasting thing in the world, but I mix it with milk, a bit of water, and some chocolate powder (I know that detracts slightly)
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have just ordered Phd Nutrition - Diet Whey - Belgian Chocolate from Monster suppliments, it says 80 scoops and you only have 1 or 2 each serving.. its £23.. I have heard good things about it.. hence I'm giving it a go! :)
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I use Nutrisport 90+. The chocolate's a good flavour and the banana mixes well into pancakes. I have one scoop per day and it's about a months worth (30ish scoops) for £13ish if you buy the 908g tubs. Cheaper the more you get. You do need a shaker though, cause the bugger won't mix with a fork or whatever.
    I like it becasue it's 100cals, 2g carbs 1.5g fat and 23g protein. Most powders ARE an aquired taste and if you're new to them I'd suggest mixing them up with oats if you find the texture too powdery or chalky.
  • mclarenemma
    Options
    If you can get it where you are, I find Horleys Sculpt pretty good. Also been recommended Horleys Ice