Will I see weight loss results if...

Options
I stay within my calorie limit in my diet, and use walking as my exercise? I'm just back on track and my physical health is terrible, along with terrible lungs which make it hard to do intense cardiovascular workouts. If I stay within my calorie limit while walking will I see results?

Replies

• RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Also, if you are coming back from being ill, this would seem a very sensible way to build up your cardio slowly and drop seom weight too. Well done for not giving up, it would have been easy too after being ill.
  • ElizmaKnowles
    Options
    Yes and yes!! That is how I started getting into it a month ago as I am (was) not the fittest of people and it really works. I am now up to power walking for at least 30 minutes 4-5 days a week and also log all the bits of walking I do in between on a daily basis (like from home to the bus stop etc)
    It's now been just a little over a month and I have lost 11lbs (5kg) by just sticking to this.
    It's also worth mentioning that I am not on any kind of special diet or eating plan, simply count my calories and if I want to have something I like (like a glass of wine or a chocolate bar) I know I have to work for it by either earning extra exercise calories or sacrificing calories elsewhere :-) Also, I hardly ever eat back all of my exercise calories, only about half.
    Good luck
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yes you sure will, I have lost nearly all my weight from just eating healthy and walking on the treadmill.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I stay within my calorie limit in my diet, and use walking as my exercise? I'm just back on track and my physical health is terrible, along with terrible lungs which make it hard to do intense cardiovascular workouts. If I stay within my calorie limit while walking will I see results?
    Entirely. I don't really exercise because I am not 6 weeks post partum until almost one week from now. I walked some, but usually I just stay below my calories and in about two weeks or less my scale has went from saying 181 to under 175..so we'll see! That means I have lost almost 7lbs in two weeks, or 3.5lbs per week with almost solely walking for exercise and keeping my calories below my limit..most days haha sometimes I go over my limit :]
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's probably the best way for you to start out given the state of your current physical health.
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hope so as thats the way i have started, i am trying to eat healthier but still normal as i need to be realistic so i can maintain when i reach goal , and with a husband at home that likes very little other than Meat and 2 veg it can be very limiting if you dont have extra time to cook seperatley IYKWIM . i am trying to walk at least 4 times a week . its very relaxing and gets rid of a lot of stress for me and hopefully the pounds .

Good luck with your weight loss.