CARBS...HELP

Options
Sam3622
Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
Okay, so looking at my diary i seem to be eating quite a lot of carbs compared to other people. But most of my carbs are coming from fruit and veg. Is it normal to be eating around 120-160g of carbs daily? Even though im working out. Is there a way to lower this but still eat the same amount of fruit and veg? Help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine to me.... but then I'm not scared of carbs. It seems there a small number of people who don't do well with carbs, but for most peole they are a great source of energy - and if they are mostly coming from fruit and veggies I wouldn't change a thing.

(If they were coming from biscuits (cookies), chocolate, soft drink and other highly-processed, low-nutrition foods then you might have a problem, but otherwise, don't panic. )
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine to me.... but then I'm not scared of carbs. It seems there a small number of people who don't do well with carbs, but for most peole they are a great source of energy - and if they are mostly coming from fruit and veggies I wouldn't change a thing.

(If they were coming from biscuits (cookies), chocolate, soft drink and other highly-processed, low-nutrition foods then you might have a problem, but otherwise, don't panic. )

^^^^^ this and whole grains.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    120 - 160g of carbs are 480 to 640 calories

not untypical for "standard" eating.

Most of them are probably fruit, as veg is fairly low in carb apart from starchy things like potatos.
  • Tntowers
    Tntowers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared of these kind of carbs - fruit and veg have lots of the vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy. Also, you need some carbohydrates to keep your body going. It sounds like you're not eating processed carbs, so keep going!
  • mcsmith4
    mcsmith4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just visited a nutrionist. She told me to have 30-45 g of carbs for breakfast and lunch, 0-30 for each of 3 snacks, and 30-60 g of carbs at supper.
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, really appreciate it!