The Fringe Benefits of Mans Best Friend

I've always enjoyed long walks in the country, which I'm blessed to be surrounded by. But my problem was, I always thought that when I went out walking on my own, other walkers (who almost always had a dog in tow) would look me up & down as if I was some sort of mad stalker, so didn't go walking much.
So six months ago I made the decision to get a dog, an 18 month old Jack Russell terrier called Lily. Since doing so there's been no stopping me, I'm out every evening for at least an hour in all weather conditions, rain wind or snow & with the added bonus of 1 hours walking equals 304 calories burned, meaning I can bulk up my net calorie intake with some extra fruit in the day or a larger portion at dinner. Or even better ….. a pint and a half of guilt free beer on a Saturday night (way to go Lily!!!!!). The other 6 pints are not guilt free, but I can live with that!!

If you want to add me as a friend, please do so as I have 28lbs left to loose & would be grateful of any advice & support & I'll return any advice I have in kind.

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    I agree with you.My dog bugs you to take him for a walk. Sometimes I don't feel like it, but he keeps at you. And he wants me and my husband to go. So thanks to my dog Jack(beagle) I have logged alot of extra steps.
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Hi there, glad to hear that you and Lily are having success! As a dog lover (2 dogs currently) I know how motivating they can be to get out there! Feel free to add me as a friend.