Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Ranting..but seriously..what's the deal?!!

Options
13»

Replies

• dariadoll
    dariadoll Posts: 18
    Options
    You have lost a great amount of weight and you can definitely see it in your photo!! You should be very proud of yourself as every person loses weight at different speeds. It has taken me over 2 years to lose 3 stone and I'm still going, still plodding along! I know it may seem disheartening if it is going slow, but even a pound a week is a pound a week in the right direction!!

Keep up the good work!!!!

xx
  • KristyB32
    KristyB32 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Number one: You look amazing. Number two: YOU LOOK AMAZING!. Screw that scale! It is very obvious that your hard work is paying off! :flowerforyou:

You're so sweet! :blushing: Love that I can come here to let out my feelings and everyone understands. It's just sad that everyone here is more supportive than my actual friends/family. :frown:

Also, I don't think I mentioned it before but other than you guys and my immediate family, no one else knows that I've been "dieting" or changing health habits. I haven't mentioned that I'm watching what I eat or that I've even been working out . I know some have mentioned that people might be afraid to say anything in fear of me quitting, so just wanted to bring up the fact not many people know I'm even trying to lose the weight. :wink: again thank you all for your very kind comments and words of advice! All of you are fantastic! :heart:
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I felt that way early on in my weight loss and did a post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/491560-do-you-have-unsupportive-people-in-your-life

MFP responses were very helpful and gave me insight into what others around me might be feeling. Consequently, I never talk to my husband about my weekly weigh-ins or calories, and I've learned to not bring up my weight loss unless someone mentions it first.

Remember, this is about you, not them. Keep up the good work!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Your profile pix are only head shots but you honestly look like your own younger happier sister. 55bs is a LOT to lose. It took more than a few months to gain all the extra weight, & you're in this for the long haul. Decide if you want to increase the intensity of your workouts or try new activities to shake up your body. Maybe you've adjusted to your current workouts?

IMO when we're really big, we don't really see ourselves as we are. Our mental image is at a lower weight, not accepting the reality. Then we lose a lot of weight, & our real size matches our mental image, so we feel like we don't look different.