trying 1 month and no weight loss!!!

Options

Replies

• KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    Check your food, diet is 70% gym and workouts are 30% .. small portions every 3 hours, for example chicken, brown rice or sweet potatoes, and veggies. egg whites only and regular oatmeal for breakfast. water or green tea only. things like that are a huge huge part of it. your body needs certain things to burn.. think of our bodies as cars if you do not put fuel in them they will not work.. our bodies are the same way. how many times are you eating??? how often. train your body to eat at the same times everyday.
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    btw one pound of fat is one pound of muscle weighs the same.. 1 pound is 1 pound all fat does is take more room up cause its fat. muscle is lean so takes up less space.. it doesn't change the weight of it. FYI
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    . think of our bodies as cars if you do not put fuel in them they will not work..

however like cars we do have large fuel tanks so don't have to be eating constantly.
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    if you eat every 3 hours small portions you will lose weight.. I lost over 40 pounds with my diet and how our bodies works and functions.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    if you eat every 3 hours small portions you will lose weight.. I lost over 40 pounds with my diet and how our bodies works and functions.

is that 8 times per 24 hours ?

or 6 times and sleep in the gap ?

would 8 * 300 calories make me lose more weight than 6 * 400 or 3 * 800 ?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are eating enough? We see this exact post time after time after time on the forums and usually the problem is not eating enough. As someone else mentioned, you need to check your BMR and then you need to find out your TDEE. These two numbers - while guesstimations - will give you a good idea of where you need to be calorie-wise.

Also, the key to being successful with this is to learn what YOUR body wants - not listen to what mine wants or someone else's wants. YOURS. Someone mentioned lowering carbs - not everyone loses weight on low carb (I personally do not - my body LOVES carbs and when I don't give it enough of them? I get grumpy and start gaining weight. I'm probably the ONLY person who gained weight on a low carb "diet").

Others will mention gaining muscle - it is nearly impossible to gain muscle on a calorie deficit. Quite honestly, women have a harder time gaining muscle because we lack the testosterone needed for massive muscle gain (hence why we don't "bulk up" when we lift heavy).

How often you eat and what times you eat do not make a difference in weight loss. It is all about creating a deficit, but not one that is too large.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators.html

That site will tell you your BMR and TDEE. I definitely recommend using the calculators. If necessary, adjust your daily calorie intake.

Edited to add: I tried to look at your food diary to see what your net calories have been, but it isn't public.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    My guess without even asking to look at your food log is not eating enough. Like countless others.
    This is like 90% of people on MFP. Undereating.
  • ABHY7
    ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but how do i make my food profile public? I've missed the first 2 weeks in April but started again on Sunday...otherwise it dates back to January. Need to get motivated again!!
  • ABHY7
    Options
    Got it sorted. thanks
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    ok not eating enough...I have a full breakfast (boiled egg, 2 slices of whoelgrain toast) and tea, then lunch i try to have dinner - spag bowl or meat, spuds and veg) and fruit. Then tea fishfingers & veg or beans on toast. Because I go to the gym in the evening i thought it best to eat earlier. Is this wrong?

Thanks how do you check your BMR?
    Let's see your diary.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    ok not eating enough...I have a full breakfast (boiled egg, 2 slices of whoelgrain toast) and tea, then lunch i try to have dinner - spag bowl or meat, spuds and veg) and fruit. Then tea fishfingers & veg or beans on toast. Because I go to the gym in the evening i thought it best to eat earlier. Is this wrong?

Thanks how do you check your BMR?

Based on your original post and your 2 days of food logs you are way under eating. If you eat 1000 calories and then go to the gym and burn, lets say 300 you are netting 700 calories. Your body goes..hey, where is all the food and it starts to slow down and possibly store the food much like squirrles store nuts. It's not a contest to see how far below the 1200 calories you are alloted you can go below. Thats a minimum and maximum you should eat. MFP already has you at a calorie deficit to lose weight. When you workout you add in those exercise calories and you eat them.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    You need to start with your diary - you are not eating appropriately at all unfortunately. A lunch of crackers is not healthy in any way shape or form. There are days you have skipped meals so you are definitely contributing to the no-weight-loss issue....not trying to be mean, just telling it like it is...

I would definitely consider a total revamp in your dietary intake of real foods, real meals made with real proteins, vegetables, ease in some fruits, etc...
  • mclarenemma
    Options
    I had a quick look at your diary:

1) Monday dinner - swap what you had for real fish (not 3% fish mashed up with some other crap and preservatives and covered in breadcrumbs crap) or steamed chicken, a baked potato and salad/vegetables - it might be higher cals but it's a lot more nutritious

2) In the two days you've got there .... where in lords name are your vegetables? Pretty sure there isn't one in sight - and no oven baked chips do not count as a vegie!

1 - up your veggie intake
    2 - up the protein intake
    3 - eat real food not processed out of the box just because its easier food

Truthfully - if you aren't eating vegies, your body is eventually going to blow a big old raspberry at you and stop doing what it is meant to do to function because it is so devoid of minerals and vitamins and I'll tell you now - no amount of "detox" or gym is going to help you.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My guess without even asking to look at your food log is not eating enough. Like countless others.
    ^^^^^ THIS
  • maanctil
    maanctil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this! at a plateau for a month now!! I work out at the gym 4-5 tiimes a week. BUT I think I am eating too nmany carbs. Started this week limiting my carbs and increasing my protein.. Ill let you know how that works out.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    LIMIT YOUR CARB FOR 100 ONLY , AND YOU CAN SEE RESULT AM SURE ABOUT THAT

I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND THIS WAS MY MAGIC SOLUTION

BWAH.?.?.? There is no "magic solution". You're probably eating less now that you're not eating as much crap, because high carb processed crap has more cals that veggies fruits and lean meats do.

"magic solution" wtf. It's maths, not magic. :huh:
  • ABHY7
    Options
    Wow guys, bit of an eye opener for me i guess. Stupidly i never took into account the calories burned so was trying to stay under the 1200 cals. And have been slack on the cooking front hence the frozen chips, fishfingers etc.
    OK really need to get mny *kitten* in gear - appreciate you taking the time to look at food chart!!
  • 01divey
    01divey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would think it is very unlikely, if not almost impossible, that youve built any noticeable muscle in 6 weeks on 1400 calories. My guess would be that your body is holding on to all the water,fat,muscle weight as your not eating enough. Try adding an extra 100 calories each day and monitor your progress for 2 weeks.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Wow. Another misconception. What is this? The thread where all we do is give out magic tricks to lose weight?

It doesn't matter what time of day you eat, and actually studies show that people are more likely to eat MORE by eating so often because we're used to eating meals, and will overeat during these "mini meals". But I lost 102 lbs 5 years ago, and ate breakfast, lunch, a small snack, dinner and then a small treat of 150 cals or less.
  • mclarenemma
    Options
    Wow guys, bit of an eye opener for me i guess. Stupidly i never took into account the calories burned so was trying to stay under the 1200 cals. And have been slack on the cooking front hence the frozen chips, fishfingers etc.
    OK really need to get mny *kitten* in gear - appreciate you taking the time to look at food chart!!

If you are having trouble on the time front in cooking veg - stiry fry is a quick easy option - quicker if you can get pre-cut mixes, the steam veggie bags - they don't taste the best but it is at least 1.5 - 2 cups of veggies (4 serves), make up a big vegetable stew or vegetable soup and freeze in portions (excellent for taking to work as well). Buy meat in bulk and portion it out into individual bags. Steam a couple of chicken breasts on the weekend, defrost in the morning and add to a salad at night. Just be creative :smile: