GPS watch

Options
scribb
scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
I am looking to buy a GPS watch soon, and would like to get some input on which one to get. I want to use it for both running and biking.

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The Garmin Forerunner 305 has settings for both running & cycling and has a nice big (easy to read) display.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I had a Garmin Forerunner 205 (which is exactly like the 305 except no HRM). It served me very well for several years. I run and bike

I recently upgraded to a Garmin Forerunner 405cx which is smaller and has a HRM strap too. Most of the runners I know use Garmin and I don't think you will go wrong!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I bought my husband the Garmin Forerunner 305 for Xmas and he loves it!
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Another for Garmin Forerunner 305. Love it! Easy to read, great reception, and long battery life.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I had a Garmin Forerunner 205 (which is exactly like the 305 except no HRM). It served me very well for several years. I run and bike

I recently upgraded to a Garmin Forerunner 405cx which is smaller and has a HRM strap too. Most of the runners I know use Garmin and I don't think you will go wrong!

Thank you. The 405 is one of the models I am looking at. A friend also recommended the Nike + watch powered by tom tom.
  • gmpearson
    gmpearson Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 210 and love it. I run though, don't know how it does for cycling. It has 5MB for memory, so it can hold multiple activities for history, and I upload to the connect.garmin.com website for tracking. Good stats on HR and elevation, and I find it much more accurate than my iPhone and Runkeeper.

Greg
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Here is another thread on the topic from just the other day.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/570295-gps-watches