Scar tissue - exercises?

Options
Hi guys!

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me at all, but thought it was worth a shot!
I had an accident about 5 years ago where I was hit by a vehicle on my right hand side. Since then I have a protruding bump on my right thigh that just won't go down no matter how much weight I lose! I've been told its not all that noticeable, but it bothers me lots :sad:
I'm assuming / guessing that this is scar tissue from the accident, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any exercises that might make it go down a bit?? Long shot I know!!

Any advice at all would be great - i guess i would just like to know whether i should give up hope of getting rid of it and just get on with things or whether there is anything that I can realistically do....

Lindsey

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    No one on MFP can give you any medical-related advice (Physiological). This really should be discussed with a real medical provider
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What sort of a bump? How big?

Either way I don't think losing fat would help. By the way: I have a lump on the muscle of the right hand side of my shin. About 1cm high, spanning maybe 15 centimetres of space around the leg obviously.
  • ishkabob
    ishkabob Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I'm not asking medical advice, i'm simply asking if any exercise is likely to take down the scar tissue (i'm not overly knowledgeable on what will and won't affect stuff like that) and wondered if anyone on here had perhaps had a similar experience or any knowledge on the subject is all.

the bump is where the vehicle impacted - i had a really huge bruise covering most of my outer thigh for a number of weeks, and swelling, which when it went down left what I was told by my doctor was scar tissue. its not solid as such and i wouldn't describe it as a lump, its just firmer to the touch than my other thigh and it just looks like i need to lose weight but only on that thigh! does that make sense?