help!!! felt my heart in my throat while exercising

Options
I was doing a exercise video yesterday and no more then 10 mins in to it i felt terrible, my heart was in my throat thumping like mad, felt sick and my head felt weird...had to sit down anyone ever feel like this???

Replies

• htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would get a heart rate monitor so you can monitor your heart rate. That way when you see it getting too high, you can lessen the intensity. If it happens again, I would see a doctor.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Did you eat before you worked out? Is this something new for you?
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you are new to exercise, I would def see a doctor before starting anything. Maybe intensity was too high, slow down, start slow, it is not a race, and working out a higher intensity right off the hop, will only set you up for failure. You could hurt yourself, etc. Starting slow gives you ample room to improve!
  • jeni8383
    jeni8383 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the comments, went to see my doctor and it turns out i have low blood pressure... She recommended walking, so that is what i will be doing.... :ohwell:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Your low blood pressure and the sensation you experienced during exercise could be a side-effect of long-term low level dehydration. See if drinking your daily 8 cups of water improves both. (If it isn't the cause, it certainly won't hurt!) Good luck!
  • jeni8383
    jeni8383 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    will do.... cheers....:smile: