HOW TO HASTEN METABOLISM?

Options
What food, workouts do I need to eat and perform?
Tried and tested tips pleaaaase! Mine is super slowwww, I sweaaaaar.

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism is likely the same as most peoples.

Eating a lot will speed up your metabolism but would be counter productive.

Doing strength training will increase your calorie output throughout the day.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat.
    And eat the proper type of thermogenic foods.

High protein and fat when losing weight.
    High protein and carbs on workout days.

When cutting fat youll want to workout less.
    So maybe 3 days max a week for about an hour or less.

Once you get into maintenance you can workout more.

>>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map <---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<
  • liztinkrip
    liztinkrip Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've always been told eating small meals every 2hrs will speed up your metabolism. IDK if it's true or not, but it's what I do. I do 200-300calorie meals/snacks every 2 hours - 6 times a day. I never go below 1200 calories total a day, and I never go above 1500.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just run a alot, but starting to incorporate weights into my overall fitness plans. Ive lost a bunch now looking to tone things up. All I can say is stay active find something you like and stick with it. It all burns calories. And I try to eat clean or limit my processed foods.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I've always been told eating small meals every 2hrs will speed up your metabolism. IDK if it's true or not, but it's what I do. I do 200-300calorie meals/snacks every 2 hours - 6 times a day. I never go below 1200 calories total a day, and I never go above 1500.

Meal frequency has no effect on metabolic rate. But some people cannot get in their caloric intake goals in only 3 meals a days so eating more frequently works for them.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    What food, workouts do I need to eat and perform?
    Tried and tested tips pleaaaase! Mine is super slowwww, I sweaaaaar.

What makes you say that your metabolism is super slow?
  • teee12
    teee12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The best way, I have found to lose weight is have big meals in the morning- should be the biggest meal of the day. Heaps of protein , kanga bangas are really good and high in protein with vegs. Only 70 calories per one sausage!! SNACK everything 2-3 hours throughout the day, such as a banana ect. Lunch should be the second biggest meal of the day, wrap, or salad. Protein in every meal will help weight loss! And dinner should be the smallest meal of the day, as you're most likely not going to be active that much at night. Hope this helps :) and goodluck!! Xx
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Exercise is your best bet. There are certain foods that will boost it slightly for a short period of time, but a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training is the best path to a faster metabolism.

Or you could gain a lot of weight. The heavier you are, the faster your metabolism.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    The best way, I have found to lose weight is have big meals in the morning- should be the biggest meal of the day. Heaps of protein , kanga bangas are really good and high in protein with vegs. Only 70 calories per one sausage!! SNACK everything 2-3 hours throughout the day, such as a banana ect. Lunch should be the second biggest meal of the day, wrap, or salad. Protein in every meal will help weight loss! And dinner should be the smallest meal of the day, as you're most likely not going to be active that much at night. Hope this helps :) and goodluck!! Xx

Meal timing and size doesn't effect metabolism. By the way, even during a cut, my largest meal is dinner, usually past 7 pm :-)
  • nyxt
    nyxt Posts: 60
    Options
    drink tea and eat spicy stuff
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I am glad you found something that works for you, but I even more glad that this isn't necessary for everyone. I eat more than 1/2 my daily calories at night. More than 1000 calories usually and about an hour before I go to bed. I am rarely hungry in the morning.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    Cardio and resistance has worked for me. 30 day shred is a great video esp when running short on time
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    HASTEN ?
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Build muscle!!!!:smile:
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Strength training. A muscular body burns more calories. But there's likely nothing "wrong" with your metabolism. Excess calories not burned will eventually make you overweight. It's not "normal" to be able to eat loads of excess calories through junk food and never gain weight. Today, we may see that as fortunate or lucky, but that's not how most bodies work. If it was, a majority of the population wouldn't be obese. Most overweight people are actually burning more calories than their thin counterparts, but they are also eating much more calories which causes them to stay overweight or continue gaining weight.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, stay active, avoid crash diets, and hit the gym for strength training.
  • teee12
    teee12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have recently joined a clean eating plan, and over 1000+ girls have lost 10 kilos in 4-10 weeks or less. Eating at night, isn't going to do you any good as all the food will turn into fat.. Think about it people. Each to their own though :)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    caffeine
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    drink tea and eat spicy stuff

false.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options