I should be dropping pounds a week

I should be dropping pounds a week, at least a pound to two pounds...but nothing...I'm just venting because i feel a bit frustrated..yeah yeah i know about losing inches and all but really when a person has 70lbs to lose like I have the weight should be coming off...I'm working hard....umph...

19111718.png

Replies

• adrijordan
    adrijordan Posts: 27 Member
    I know exactly how you feel, I'm have the same problem/frustration right now too. And it's ok to vent that what we're all here for! i wish I knew why this happens, it'd give my brain a break, but the best I can do is tell you to keep going no matter the results. Or well... lack there of lol.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Diary is inconsistent.
    1k days up to 1800 days.

Pick a calorie and stick to the macros daily.
    Work out 3 times a week.
    Clothes get bigger even if the weight doesnt drop quickly.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Diary is inconsistent.
    1k days up to 1800 days.

Work out 3 times a week.

I know, I keep switching things up hoping it will trigger something

19111718.png
  • Darlingir
    I know exactly how you feel, I'm have the same problem/frustration right now too. And it's ok to vent that what we're all here for! i wish I knew why this happens, it'd give my brain a break, but the best I can do is tell you to keep going no matter the results. Or well... lack there of lol.

maybe its my age...lol
  • Your sodium count is quite high to... what exactly is your cal amount? One day it is in the 1900's one day it is in the 1600's...but your daily amount looks to be around 1200....which means its quite possible you aren't eating enough.

You can't just keep hoping switching it will do something if it obviously isn't. How about lowering your cal count to say 1400 cals a day and sticking to it?
  • Darlingir
    but my BMR is 1750....I'm so confused
  • Darlingir
    and whats the difference if I bounce my calories around...as long as I am in a 500 cal deficit right?
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 402 Member
    Without excercise it says you should be eating 1650. So just eat 1650, and whatever calories you get extra from excercise don't eat. At least not right now. Try to keep your calories more consistant and see what happens for a couple of weeks. A 500 calorie deficit each day only gets you 1 lb lost for the week. Also what did you set as your goal to lose per week? If you are trying for a 2lb weight lost each week you are going to have a lower calorie count. I saw that you lost 9 lbs, did you change that in your goals to reflect the change you need to make to your calories?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear. Normally people who aren't consistent in either food intake or exercise get no results. Stick to something consistently for awhile so you can gauge results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Maybe try this: everyday for one week keep your sodium count below 2000 mg. Not 2500, below 2000. Many people are very sensitive to sodium and need to keep it as low as possible. I do. Once I started keeping my sodium below 2000 mg/day I lost the excess water weight I was carrying and it became much easier to track my weight loss progress.
  • phlpsfamily01
    phlpsfamily01 Posts: 8 Member
    Make sure you're drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day. Lots of Protein helps too
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    I should be dropping pounds a week, at least a pound to two pounds...but nothing...I'm just venting because i feel a bit frustrated..yeah yeah i know about losing inches and all but really when a person has 70lbs to lose like I have the weight should be coming off...I'm working hard....umph...

19111718.png
    working smart is more important than working hard.. sometimes the harder you work the less success you see. the more educated you become about nutrition and fitness the more progress you will see.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Diary is inconsistent.
    1k days up to 1800 days.

Work out 3 times a week.

I disagree with this. It is not necessary to eat the same number of calories every day. You just need to meet your calorie goal on average. I often have low days because I like to have high days. But mine average out over 7-10 days. I met my goal in this manner and have maintained it for over 8 months.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Diary is inconsistent.
    1k days up to 1800 days.

Work out 3 times a week.

I disagree with this. It is not necessary to eat the same number of calories every day. You just need to meet your calorie goal on average. I often have low days because I like to have high days. But mine average out over 7-10 days. I met my goal in this manner and have maintained it for over 8 months.

But for someone new who needs a routine...
    Shes just eating one day and saying "I'm not losing any weight so I wont eat tomorrow...."
    And what about on a hormonal level?
    She needs routine with eating.
    This....this isnt routine.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    I agree with the above about sodium and also would like to add, processed food really screws me up (I am a diet/exercise controlled diabetic) and I know it does the same to others I know. I also try to incorporate fat blockers, metabolism boosters, and antioxidants during the day just to help out my body a little more.
  • Darlingir
    I started with 1200 cals a day and not eating my exercise cals back but I felt like I was white knuckling it...

19111718.png
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    I am in the EXACT SAME POSITION and I'm SOOOOOO frustrated.

I used to eat pasta and rice and bread every night...not kidding....and at least pizza twice a week.

NOW I am watching EVERYTHING I eat and have DRASTICALLY changed my diet...I also weigh everything so that it is accurate.

This week I seen a two pound gain and yes my clothes do feel a little lose but at 213 lbs I SHOULD definitely be seeing a loss.

I am extremely frustrated and ready to throw in the towel.

OH...and I work out for about 1 or 1.5 hours 6 days a week at the gym ON TOP of Jillian Michaels 30DS (Level 2 Day 5 today) I do it everyday with a break once maybe twice a week. I'm SUPER annoyed.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    I started with 1200 cals a day and not eating my exercise cals back but I felt like I was white knuckling it...

19111718.png

Eat your exercise calories back.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member

1200 is not enough. On average is looks like you are eating below your BMR so try eating AT LEAST that. I think you should also eat back your exercise after eating at your BMR but I'm sure others will tell you that you don't have to. Your body needs the fuel, don't be afraid to eat.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member

19111718.png

Unless you've upped your calories quite a bit - you're not fueling your body. It's going to hold on to its weight. It also looks like you have lots of days where you're leaving 500-600 calories on the table. That's too many. Eat more. Drink more water. Search the threads for "should I eat back my exercise calories" "in place of a roadmap" and "eat more to lose more."

Also know that a 5lb fluctuation is normal. Our bodies can store a lot of water. This takes time. Focus on monthly progress instead of daily or you will drive yourself nuts (I recognize that this is easier said than done, but it helps).