Just found out I'm Pregnant!

Options
jdier
jdier Posts: 110 Member
So, I just found out that I am early in my first Trimester with baby #3! :happy: I haven't been pregnant for 4 years, so I'm a little curious as to what all the " new-fangled" websites are for pregnant women. What are your favorite pregnancy websites for staying fit and healthy? I didn't get down to my goal weight, so it is important for me not to gain more than my baby needs and what is healthy for me. My goal is to be as fit as possible during this pregnancy! Thanks in advance for your imput. :smile:

Replies

• StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 7. Just popping in to say Congratulations!!!
  • yesenia007
    yesenia007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was using babyfit.com when I was pregnant.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations!

I used Babycenter.com when I was pregnant with the triplets. I found it very informative. I live in Europe and I enjoyed chatting with women form the USA when I was too uncomfortable to sleep.
    I guess if you are in the USA then Babycentre.co.uk would be good. Or both

Good luck with everything, Lally x
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    My favorite baby website is baby-gaga.com.

It tells you your babies progress week by week and has awesome forums. If I'm not on the forums here on MFP I'm over on BG, lol.

Oh, and CONGRATS!!
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

My favorites are thebump.com and babycenter.com :-)
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I don't have any advice on pregnancy websites cause it's been six years since I've been pregnant. But I did find the pregnancy diet in "What to Expect When You're Expecting" to be very good advice on getting maximum nutrition for you and baby without piling on the pounds.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope you have a very smooth and easy pregnancy :)

I would speak with your doctor about exercise. They say that if you were exercising when you got pregnant you can continue at the same level throughout. So if you and the pregnancy checks out ok, then for sure keep up with the exercise you feel comfortable with doing. It'll help with not only the weight but gestational diabetes etc

I know sparkpeople has a baby/pregnancy site, but I only found out years after my son was born. While it's not MFP (which has a sad lack of support for people having babies), it could be of use to you. if you google babyfit sparkpeople you'll get the link.

eat healthy, eat variety and try not to fall into the "eating for 2" trap!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    congrats..my youngest is 7, so i wasnt interested in staying fit during my pregnancies, so i have no clue..good luck, and congrats again:flowerforyou:
  • naalki
    naalki Posts: 26
    Options
    congratulations!!!! I cant help.My youngest is nearly 2 and i ate what i wanted..Well thats why I am here I guess...hahahaha good luck with number 3..
  • dajostev
    dajostev Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    congrats, I am not sure about websites but i have a few suggestions that may be helpful. Don't use the excuse I am eating for two to indulge. If you are hungry grab the veggies to munch on so you don't gain to much weight. I know since this is the third it may be hard but breast feeding is the best way to lose weight after the baby is born, it also helps contract those stomach muscles. I lost all my weight gain from pregnancy with my first but never with my second and have been struggling every since and my youngest is almost 20. Best of Luck, enjoy them while they're young.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 7. Just popping in to say Congratulations!!!

DITTO!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I was using babyfit.com when I was pregnant.

This is what I used as well. Check out Babycenter.com as well.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

Sorry.....can't help here....my baby is 18....did they even have websites then?????
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am on babycenter too! However, there are groups on here too that you can join... Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant! :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    just keep eating a healthy diet, you can still exercise, just low intensity. Walking, yoga or stretching, Zumba should be okay, if you don't jump, and just do the low level movements. If you do stretching training just do like arm and legs, nothing that would put strain on the mid-section.
    Congratz!!!!
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I used the What to Expect When You Are Expecting app when I was preggo :)
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am unfortunatly infirtile so can offer no advice but i am VERY happy for you: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Congrats! After my first pregnancy, it took me 7 months to lose the 100 lbs I gained and the day I stepped on the scale at prepregnancy weight, I got pregnant! The second time around I was a warrior. I tracked all of my calories (2,000/day until the second trimester then I added 300 more a day - per DR recommendation). Plus, I worked out like a boss. I did NOT reduce anything in my workout because I was pregnant. Keep your healthy frame of mind!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    wow you are sooo blessed Congrats!
    I wish i could get preggers again :(
  • MrsDutt
    MrsDutt Posts: 32
    Options
    Awww big congrats! I am not going to get broody but I will be excited for you.

I like circle-of-moms.com or something like that.

Enjoy your pregnancy :)