I am hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Drink a V8. It's pretty filling (for a while) and only 70 calories.

You could cut the calories in your breakfast by switching your milk for soy or almond milk. Both have just as much or more calcium than milk, less calories and more protein. Then you have more calories to eat.

Put peanut butter on your toast instead of margarine. It will be higher calorie, but much more filling.

Drink a cup of coffee or tea. If you don't add cream or sugar, it's calorie free.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    I think you should eat more often. I eat every 2-3 hours. I believe it helps your metabolism to eat small meals every few hours. Also, I don't think a piece of toast and a glass of milk would hold you over. Maybe drink a protein shake in between breakfast and lunch. That should help keep you full!
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry. =\
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Try a green smoothie - lots of great recipes on line. This is my favorite:

10 oz. water
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 c. frozen pineapple
    1/2 orange
    1 1/2 handfuls raw spinach
    1/3 bunch parsley (remove stems)
    1/8 c. fresh basil

Blend - YUM!

Green Smoothies are what DW and I do as well. We usually have about a pound of greens plus a bunch of Fruits & Veggies they are incredibly filling and delicious.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I always carry some almonds with me incase I get really hungry.

This is what I do, too. Just a few of them are very filling. I also try to incorporate protein at each meal. I know milk has protein, but for me it doesn't fill me up. For breakfast I'll have some oatmeal and a hardboiled egg or some cottage cheese. Or I'll even have a sandwich or leftovers for breakfast.
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I plan out my meals and snacks, so I always know when the next meal/snack is and if I find myself hungry I jsut try to keep myself occupied until then which takes my mind off of it. I might also drink water or a zero/low calorie drink. Like others have said, protein is importnat at breakfast. It might take some trial and error for you to figure out what holds you over and what foods leave you feeling hungry. Once you get into a new pattern it becomes easier, but we all have tough days now and then.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Did you try adding a protein? I have to eat protein or I'm starved all day. Almonds work for me 1 almond = 7 caloriesish. I eat 6 almonds as a snack, with breakfast, whenever (they are a pretty amazing nut) and sometimes switch it up with walnuts. Granny smith apples work really well to help curb my appetite, too, but I have to get my protein. Heck, I even eat fish and chicken for a snack.

I also have to drink something other than water through the day. I drink my 8 ounces but I also drink green tea, herb tea, I have one cup of decaf in the morning and if I'm craving a sweet during the day, I carry a single serving crystal light with me. (I use it maybe once a week)

That being said, you are doing good =). Keep it up.
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    Can you taste the spinach?

10 oz. water
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 c. frozen pineapple
    1/2 orange
    1/8 c. fresh basil

Blend - YUM!
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    What are you cals set at??

you may have them set to low

also up your protein at breakfast...turkey, chicken, cottage cheese, greek yogurt
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

10 oz. water
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 c. frozen pineapple
    1/2 orange
    1/8 c. fresh basil

Blend - YUM!

Instead of water I use silk, almond vanilla- it makes it so much smoother- but it does add extra calories but very good as well.
  • paulslim4369
    Options
    hang in there takes about 3 days for your body too get used too less calories i do 5 days strict then re feed with all my favourites
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    MM I love peanut butter, could I just go eat a spoonful...? :)
    Try putting some peanut butter on your toast. Simple change, and it's just as fast as your blue bonnet. The protein in the peanut butter will give your tummy a little more to work with!
  • meesh525
    meesh525 Posts: 3
    Options
    I usually eat about a cup of Cascadia Granola cereal with about 1/2 cup of milk around 7:30am and it keeps me full until lunchtime (1pm). Oatmeal is also a great breakfast, and protein like everyone else has suggested. For those days when I need a snack, a handful of almonds are great. I also try to keep a granola or Luna bar in my bag at all times.
  • mel128
    mel128 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    Update-- I made it to lunch YAY :), ate a sandwich and now an hour and a half later I have a headache.. I took some tylenol, so I am hoping it will kick in soon. And yes I know I shouldn't have had a sandwich after having toast for BF, but like I said, I haven't been grocery shopping yet this week.. lol...

Are headaches normal? I probably just need more water right? I need to buy more of that too! lol