Stupid question about logging

Options
adamtall
adamtall Posts: 275 Member
I seem to have the habit of grabbing a fiber one bar or something along those lines when i get up with my son at like 2 or 3 in the morning. its not every night but enough for me to wonder if i should log it on the next day or the previous day or if i should log it at all (usually right around 130 calories snack)

what do you guys think? i know i need to log everything and ive gotten alot better at logging everything i eat though out the day this is just one of those things where im not sure if i should worry much about it or not

Replies

• AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i log everything. After midnight, log it on your next day. You ate it, it still counts! :)
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Log it for that day. Log everything - even when I know I've gone over my calories that day I still log everything to a) damage control and b) show myself that it wasnt THAT bad.
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    If I haven't gone to sleep yet, I tend to log on the previous day, regardless of if it's past midnight. However, if I go to sleep and then wake up and eat something, I tend to log on the next day. Kind of random, but that's how I do it
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I'd log it for the next day.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I seem to have the habit of grabbing a fiber one bar or something along those lines when i get up with my son at like 2 or 3 in the morning. its not every night but enough for me to wonder if i should log it on the next day or the previous day or if i should log it at all (usually right around 130 calories snack)

what do you guys think? i know i need to log everything and ive gotten alot better at logging everything i eat though out the day this is just one of those things where im not sure if i should worry much about it or not

BTW, there is no "Stupid question"
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to log religiously, I'd start accounting for it. Either day, doesn't really matter. Our bodies don't magically reset at midnight.
    It just depends on your logging-style. I prefer to shoot for a rough range in my calories, so 130 really isn't going to make or break my day.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No stupid questions...as they say, log everything. Sometimes the little things we pop in our mouths are the ones that add up, so log it and see it's worth it!!
  • gracehutchinson
    Options
    Same here :)
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    I'd still log it just to be safe. Maybe put it towards the next day!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    My deficit is too small to ignore snacks like that. I have to account for every single bite or I obliterate my deficit. If you have 1000 excess calories, a little bar now and then isn't a big deal. But if you have a 200 or 250 deficit (I only have 15 pounds to go), that bar can hurt, big time.