Need help liking veggies

Options
I know I need to eat them. My biggest problem is I just don't like them. The only thing I've found I can vaguely choke down is raw baby spinach, so I guess thats a start..But any advice on learning to like them. I enjoy eating (which is why I"m overweight) so I would actually like to enjoy what I"m eating, thats usually one of my biggest downfalls on trying to change myself...I quit b/c I just don't like it.

Please no rude comments I'm trying to change and need some good advice.

Replies

• mclarenemma
    Options
    Stir fry, stew, curry, soup
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Try "something" new each day. Eat them raw first and then try steaming, stir fying, and adding them into foods. You will eventually find more things to enjoy. You can always put them in spaghetti sauce or mix them in the blender to create a "juice" and add your own spices to taste! Good Luck! :smile:
  • VeganJP
    VeganJP Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd say mclarenemma hit the nail on head. Mix them (in small amounts at first) with what you do like. I would also suggest a light marinade (balsamic vinegar) or grilling them.
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Do a stir fry with a tablespoon of soy sauce and a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce and a small teaspoon of sugar/honey

Shred carrot into any mince/ground meat dishes. Or puree any combination of veg to stir into your normal dishes. Add more as time goes by, you'll get used to the taste.

Curry vegetables with chicken/tofu

I'm pescatarian (a vegetarian who eats fish) and I don't like a plain pile of veg!! :happy: