P90x

Options
I have started P90x and picked a good week to start. No schedule conflicts all week. However generally I have 3 nights a week of volleyball which based on my schedule could conflict with a day or 2. From my understanding, you don't want to mess with the schedule. So for those of you familiar with it, lets say I miss Thursday, on Friday should I go back and do the DVD I was supposed to do on Thursday to maintain the proper order?

Replies

• Rochachakelly
    Rochachakelly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am in week 9 of P90X and the system really is set up to work. There have only been a few days that my husband and I have missed due to scheduling conflicts . . . we usually count that day as our "rest" day and push the workouts up a day, skipping our normal rest day. Does that make sense? It's not ideal, but we think it's important not to miss a workout. They are scheduled that way on purpose.

For example, we set up the schedule so that we started the program on Sunday - that way, Saturday is always our day off. We did it that way because is the day we have the most plans. However, we're finding that it's actually Friday night that has been the toughest to schedule around - so, sometimes we push our Friday Kenpo workout to Saturday, and make Friday our day off.

So, you could really start the program the day after you are usually the busiest - that way, that day will be your rest day every week naturally. Then if you have to adjust, just play with your off day. There was even one day where I missed yoga on Wednesday, but had Thursday off from work - so I did yoga Thursday am and then my normal leg workout Thursday night. Again, not ideal, but you have to live your life! :)

GOOD LUCK!