Flirty Girl Fitness

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,941 Member
I've seen it and though some of it cracks me up, some of it I can see as a good workout. Personally I'd be in the window watching classes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGqNXETkM7I&feature=related

Would you do it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    yea, no. Zumba was enough of an embarrassment for me, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    Lol, some of the females I see doing Zumba in my gym have no shame at all...................

IDEA Fitness member
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    hahaha, I'd end up looking like Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies! :noway:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    I laugh so hard every time I see those infomercials. There is just NO WAY I could take it seriously. I have the mind of a 14 year old boy, I would be laughing too hard!!
  • BAMFMeredith

Hahahahahha omg same here!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I just watched parts of the "ultimate upper body workout" and was all but laughing hystarically because she kept talking about the balls. Would I do it? No, because it would not help me reach my goals as it's all endurance "sculpting." Do I know lots of other women who would? Yes.
  • BAMFMeredith
    Lol, some of the females I see doing Zumba in my gym have no shame at all...................

IDEA Fitness member

There's just something about women my mom's age booty poppin' it that I can't deal with. I can't take Zumba class seriously either! I'm sure it's a great workout, but I just wouldn't be able to stop laughing long enough to actually do the steps!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Not enough BOOTY for me..lol. Maybe they should make a black girl version.
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202

Hahahahahha omg same here!

Not that she doesn't "look" good in that movie, but you know where I was going with it! :laugh:
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    I'd rather take belly dance. Something actually flirty, not just a choreographed version of slutty club dancing (nothing wrong with slutty club dancing, it just loses something when you've got a trainer barking "now SCOOP--hair flip!").
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 173 Member
    I laugh so hard every time I see those infomercials. There is just NO WAY I could take it seriously. I have the mind of a 14 year old boy, I would be laughing too hard!!
    LOL...Same here!
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Wow that is hilarious! That totally explains what was going on in the disco on my last cruise!
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    How to be a stripper class LOL???
  • elysecea
    Not enough BOOTY for me..lol. Maybe they should make a black girl version.
    LMAO!!! Yes they should make it with all women who have some meat!!
  • elysecea
    Hey I am a zumba girl and there is nothing like going into a class with some good music doing your thang...and sweating!!! I love it....the flirty girl thing def makes me laugh though!
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Although I've never done the pole dancing class (don't have the video either), I've been to Flirty Girl Fitness several times and you actually can get a great workout depending on which classes you take. That place stays packed. It's a fun GNO (girl's night out) type of thing.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    Although I've never done the pole dancing class (don't have the video either), I've been to Flirty Girl Fitness several times and you actually can get a great workout depending on which classes you take. That place stays packed. It's a fun GNO (girl's night out) type of thing.

I've had friends do the pole classes as GNO's and they said they were a BLAST (I think they have/had some kind of package where it was part of a night out kinda thing??)... I would definitely do it for fun- not to actually try to work out.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    wait, where are the barbells?
  • ninerbuff
    Lol, when I see the ad for how to become a Flirty Girl instructor, I have to think that there isn't much of a certification that you need!

IDEA Fitness member
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member

IDEA Fitness member

1/2 the time when I look at the Zumba class from the free weight area, I think I'd should do it. Because I have more moves than the instructor
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Okay, I admit it. I own some of these. Some I love (Booty Beat and Booty Beat 2) and others are just so-so. I only do them by myself or with one of my girl friends cuz yeah, it would be a bit embarrassing otherwise but it's a GREAT workout. I sweat and am exhausted by the end, and it's helped me lose weight. It's also not "skanky" as some people are assuming. It reminds me more of typical aerobics with a couple "sexy-ish" moves thrown in for the fun of it. What I love about these videos is they are FUN and as someone who has a hard time keeping the motivation up to work out, that's what I need. I'm sure the advertisements focus on the sexy part because of who they are marketing to but as someone who has done them I can tell you it's a good solid workout and that's the reason (and the only reason) why I do them.

So hey, if it works and is fun, why not? Don't knock it til you try it.
  • ninerbuff
    Gotta love the names of some of the moves. "The Britney", Cow Girl, "No you di'n't", Disco stick.......................love it.

IDEA Fitness member