100 Pounds! (with pic)

Options
I've been on this journey to get healthier over the past few years. I started after my daughter was born, but got derailed when she was not gaining weight as an infant. Unfortunately, I took that as an excuse to go completely back to my old lifestyle of overeating and no exercise. Then in November of 2009, I stepped on a scale and freaked out. I was 301 pounds. That kicked me in gear, though, so I'm not gonna live in regret. I got back to the gym and back on the calorie counting wagon. I've been using a calorie counting website to track my food and exercise. Sometimes I do well, and other times I struggle, but I've not gone back to my old ways completely since November 2009. When my father-in-law passed away in 2010, I took a break, and only gained about 15 pounds in the 5 months that I wasn't tracking, which for me was a huge success. Then this past November, I decided to try not tracking for the holidays. I tried to make good decisions most of the time, but to also enjoy the holiday meals without stressing them. I only gained about 9 pounds during that break. Then January 1, 2012 I got right back to it. My progress has been fairly slow, but I know that that is the way I will be able to be successful in the long term. As of this morning I have lost 100 pounds! But what I have found is that as I've lost this weight, I have gotten in substantially better shape than I ever was on the way up (which isn't that surprising, really). At 200 pounds, I am wearing sizes I haven't worn since Junior year of HIGHSCHOOL! That's 18 years ago! I was at least 30 pounds lighter then. I've come to realize that I really have no idea where I am going, as a goal. I just know I will have to keep reevaluating. I don't know what weight will look best on me. I don't know what size I'll be when I get there. I just know that I will be the healthiest I have ever been, and that is enough! Below I am going to include some of my starting and current stats. If anyone wants to know more about my weightloss journey, feel free to ask.
..................11/09.........4/12
weight........301.............200
waist-in.......50.25..........36
hips.............60..............45
bust.............55............40.25
thigh...........32.5............28
bicep..........17.25...........15
bmi..............53.3..........35.5
body fat % ..49.3...........45.7
pant size...28 (prob 30)....14

I also want to just say a big thank you to everyone who has commented about my progress. You all are a huge encouragement as I make these changes!

I've posted this before/after before, but it's the most current "after" pic I have. I'm pretty happy with it as a representation of where I am now. It is only a couple weeks old.
2012-03-181-1.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!