Exercise while sick?

just wondering about thoughts on this. I've heard No, Yes, Maybe, Little, A Lot. I have a cold, not the end of the world but I'm feeling pretty icky and my sinuses feel like they're going to explode out my face. *lol* I don't want to NOT exercise because I'm afraid of not doing it but I feel so gross I'm not sure I can do a full hour on the bike today. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Replies

• ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Hey. I had a head cold a week ago or so and i just exercised right through it. It wasnt a terrible cold or anything. Ive read that as long as your cold is just a head cold with no coughing etc or no flu then you should be fine working out. Maybe take a shower right before just to help you feel fresh and to "wake up". Also you could scale your workout down to 30min instead of an hour so you at least get something in for the day without feeling like you over did it.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    It depends how you feel really. Don't feel guilty about resting though if you need it - training when you're ill can make it last for longer.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Sometimes exercising when I am sick helps "flush" out the sickness. It may not get rid of it but it helps me feel better quicker.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    If you're sick from the neck up then it's ok to exercise. From the neck down or any sort of chest congestion is a no-go.

It all depends on how you feel too. Taking a day off because you're sick isn't a bad thing. It's your body's way of saying rest.