Help! I need protein powder mine is discontinued

Options
MrsLVF
MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
I am deeply saddened that EAS has discontinued their 100% Whey Protein Vanilla 130 cal 23g protein & replaced it with something else.

What are your protein powder recommendations?
I'm looking for whey protein 23-30g per serving, with no disgusting after taste, and no excessive foam when blended. If you know what ingredient to avoid so it doesn't get foamy that would be helpful. :flowerforyou:

I already tried Six Star Muscle Whey Protein+ Elite Series Vanilla Cream: 160 cal 30g protein.
Unfortunately, It has a horrible after taste, and is so foamy my straw floats.

Replies

• cwilli36
    cwilli36 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC Lean Shake 25, the cookies and cream is yummy! But if you want just the protein powder, I know GNC has those too.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Platinum hydro whey is delicious, if a bit pricey.

If you have a Costco near you, they sell a 6lb bag of Crytosport Whey, vanilla or chocolate. Good taste, little to no foam.
  • cwilli36
    cwilli36 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh and it has 25 g of protein hence the name...lol
  • MrsLVF
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Platinum hydro whey is delicious, if a bit pricey.

If you have a Costco near you, they sell a 6lb bag of Crytosport Whey, vanilla or chocolate. Good taste, little to no foam.
    Do you know the protein g & calories in them?
  • cfs67
    cfs67 Posts: 1
    Options
    Nutrilite carries a really good whey protein powder that provides 25-26 grams of whey protein, 150 calories per serving. There is lots of other awesome stuff. You can order online. Go to www.kcsa.mychoices.biz. Set yourself up with an account.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite protien powder ever...

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3513369&cp=3593187.2108294

It's a bit pricey, but definitely worth it. And I've only had the chocolate, but it's REALLY good.

Here's the info:

Serving Size 3 scoop(s)
    Servings Per Container 17

Calories 280.00

Calories from Fat 10.00

Total Fat 1.00 g 2%

Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3%

Cholesterol 15.00 mg 5%

Sodium 300.00 mg 13%

Potassium 450.00 mg 13%

Total Carbohydrate 7.00 g 2%

Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 4%

Sugars 2.00 g

Protein 60.00 g 120%

Calcium 280.00 mg 28%

Micronized Amino Acids: 8.50 g **

Glutamine (as Whey Protein Isolate and Micronized Glutamine) **

Arginine (as Micronized Arginine and Whey Protein Isolate) **

Leucine (as Whey Protein Isolate and L-Leucine) 7.70 g **

L-Carnitine (as L-Carnitine L-Tartrate) 500.00 mg **

Amino Acceleration System: 239.00 mg **

Carbogen **

Aminogen **

Patented Bioactive Polypeptide enzyme ststem **

Enzyme Matrix **
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    bump
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well poo on that. I love the EAS Vanilla too. How disappointing.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey--my favorite (except I don't like the cookies and cream).
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Myprotein does an awesome whey protein. It's cheap too
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    No I dont work for this company but I will put the word out about it until I can't find it anymore.
    My husband was working out of town and found this at a store and we have been sold and hooked since.

Look it up vs what you are using now. Hands down it is better.

Cons: Price, and avaliability (But I will pay more for something that is better any day of the week)

http://inteknutrition.com/PRODUCTS/PROTEIN EVOLUTION/protein.html

We have only tried the chocolate and are now having to get it shipped to us since there is not a local store that sells it. Again, I do not think you would be dissapointed. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this stuff.
    The taste alone is second to none.
  • JChever
    JChever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should try Body by Vi. It has no after taste and you can mix with water, milk and juice. The mix almost smells like cake mix. Below are the nutrition value to the mix.

Nutrition Facts
    Body by Vi - Shape Meal Replacement Powder
    Servings: 2 scoops 1 scoops 1 container (60 scoops ea.)
    Calories 90 Sodium 75 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 125 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 7 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 12 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg
    Vitamin A 30% Calcium 30%
    Vitamin C 30% Iron 5%

the cost is very inexpensive. for a 30 day supply its $45 which you can make up to 2 shakes per day. Seriously no metalic aftertaste. i have used many different products in the past and this is by far the best tasting. If you want more info on it feel free to ask me about it.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If you go to the store on bodybuilding.com you can search for protein based on calories and grams of protein. I like them MUCH better than dealing with GNC.
  • MrsLVF
    Options
    You should try Body by Vi. It has no after taste and you can mix with water, milk and juice. The mix almost smells like cake mix. Below are the nutrition value to the mix.

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 90 Sodium 75 mg
    Trans 0 g Protein 12 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg
    Vitamin C 30% Iron 5%

the cost is very inexpensive. for a 30 day supply its $45 which you can make up to 2 shakes per day. Seriously no metalic aftertaste. i have used many different products in the past and this is by far the best tasting. If you want more info on it feel free to ask me about it.
    :( Thanks, but It's not enough protein per serving for me & i want a protein shake, not a meal replacement.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 90 Sodium 75 mg
    Trans 0 g Protein 12 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg
    Vitamin C 30% Iron 5%

That looks like it would be 180 calories for 24 grams of protein. Not that great as a supplement.

I like 4ever Fit fruit blast isolate. They taste really good, even if you carry it around in a water bottle and sip on it throughout the morning or afternoon, as I sometimes do. 100 calories, 21 grams protein per scoop.
  • MrsLVF
    Options
    Any other suggestions?
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    The nice thing about the protein powder I recommended above is that it's one of the easiest proteins for your body to absorb in that it doesn't have to process all the other stuff that a lot of protein powders contain.

Also, please note, the serving size calls for three scoops. I usually take between 1-1.5 scoops after a workout. Calories then range from 93-140 for 20-30 grams of protein so it's not as bad. There's no after taste in the one I recommend - infact, this is the only protein powder I've found that I can actually take with water. But I've also added it to smoothies and that was really good too.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Intek Protein Evolution -- It's good even mixed with plain water (most others I have to mix with milk to choke down) and they have lots of flavors.

160 calories & 34 grams of protein (per scoop, I use one at breakfast and usually 2 after workout)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    iron tek: whey proteinwith micellular casein. It's beneficial to have both types b/c the whey is quickly absorbed, meanwhile the micellular casein gives you a nice slow release type of protein as well. It's a bit more expensive though.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    optimum nutritions gold stand or hydro whey is excellent , best tasting too.

cal 120
    fat 1g
    carb 3g
    sugar 1g
    protein 24g

cant beat it , the hydro whey may have slightly dif stats but you can get all the info on bodybuilding.com