I have terrible love handles.

Options
My love handles are the main storage of fat on my body. They are embarrassing and honestly the only thing i 'hate' about my body. If i could slim those down.. well i'd be a very happy person. Can anyone give me some exercise ideas/advice on how to get rid of those? Anyone who's lost them... if you could post before/after pictures of yourself, that would be great in helping me realize it can be done... lol

Replies

• Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise are the only way to rid your body of excess fat. I wish I could tell you that there is a way to spot reduce the love handles, but sadly, there is not.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Similar to what Cocohick said, you can't reduce fat in a specific area.

However, if you're not doing so already, you can work on building up lean muscle mass all over. This will help bump up your BMR which should help burn more calories overall.

For me, it is definitely true that where you put it on first is the last to come off. Thanks to genetics, that happens to be my thighs.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Maybe oblique/ab exercises will help? I really like taking a 5-10 lb weight and doing side dips. Whether or not it will actually "get rid" of love handles, I don't know. But it's an exercise I love, and it will definitely strengthen the muscles around that area.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i know it really stinks that you can't reduce fat in a specific area. Thanks everyone :) and i'm going to try those side dips!