Options
    - Red meat is just as good as chicken

Not quite.

It's BETTER

muhahaha
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same way with veggies. So I've resorted to sneaking them in his food. Finely shredded zucchini in the meatballs, finely diced white mushrooms in the meatloaf. I've pureed cauliflower and butternut squash and added them into foods without him having a clue.

I swear, he's worse than our kids when it comes to eating veggies.
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Offer various sexual favors in exchange for him eating broccoli and spinach?

not srs

actually semi srs.

As bad as this sounds.... I have tried... He still gets the sex and doesn't eat the veggies....

LOL!!!
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat a cleaner diet and have been trying now for going on three weeks. This being said... I am trying to get hubby involved too. Problem: We live in the South, and he eats meat and potatoes - NO VEGGIES.

Any ideas?

He eats no: veggies at all except cucumber, no whole wheat pasta, no brown rice, and no fish.

I could use all the help I could get as I would like to do this journey with him instead of against him... LOL. Yes, he is trying too and I appreciate it. Just worried I am gonna run out of options. He is getting sick of chicken made twenty different ways and sweet potatoes.

To clear a few things up:
    - Brown rice is not better than white rice
    - Sweet potatoes aren't better than white potatoes
    - Fish isn't better than red meat
    - "Clean" is an awful, ambiguous, arbitrary word
    - Red meat isn't bad
    - Red meat is just as good as chicken

Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Ok, let me redo my wording...

I am trying not to eat everything fried... soaked in gravy with no vegatables and so is the husband.

LOL... Better?

What we do eat:

Venision (that we killed on our property) either smoked sausage, ground meat, or as a steak - we eat a lot of deer meat in this house
    Lean Beef
    Steaks (not a lot but sometimes)
    Grilled Pork Chops (used to be fried)
    Grilled Chicken (fajitas, marinated, or with Mrs Dash, etc etc)
    Enchiladas (homemade sauce and not from box)
    Corn (fresh from garden)
    Crowder peas (fresh from garden)
    Homemade Spaghetti sauce with meatballs (ground deer meat usually)
    Smothered Chicken
    Chicken Stew or gumbo with deer sausage
    Sweet Potatoes
    Red Potatoes (from garden)
    White potatoes - buttered or mashed
    White rice (but it usually needs a gravy)

Yep.. that is pretty much all the husband eats. I tell you if I sneak a veggie he knows.. he must have Superman taste buds or something. He knows if something is from a box too...

Ideas??? HELP?

I want to help him eat better... I am not to worried about me. I can eat ok I think.
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Time to man up and eat dem veggies? But seriously, steam broccoli and put a tad of butter with lowfat cheese on it and guaranteed he will eat it.