What are you eating for lunch today?

Options

Replies

• susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    White chunk albacore tuna, jalapeno & cilantro hummus, and onion mixed together and wrapped in green leaf lettuce with a small apple, carrots, and a tbs of Omega-3 peanut butter on the side.
  • mtpalacios
    Options
    Chef salad only 296 calories, I try to eat more doing my lunch time and less calories for dinner.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A can of chicken and rice soup and a roll. Not what I wanted for lunch, but I don't feel like going to a ton of trouble to make lunch today.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine Chicken club Panini Yum/Yum with salsa on top about 350 calories.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Lunch042412.jpg
  • bella51708
    Options
    Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni

Not the healthiest thing, but it was leftover from dinner last night. Tomorrow will be homemade chilli with ground beef, canned tomatoes, and kidney beans.

My lunches are usually a Healthy Choice entree or Smart One's as well unless I have leftovers from dinner that can be re-heated for lunch.

I don't worry too much about sodium. It doesn't hinder my weight loss and as long as I drink a lot of water, any bloat goes away in a day or two.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I had slow cooker salsa chicken casserole that I made on Sunday and froze in lunch containers.
  • DesiraeBjTyler
    Options
    Chunky soups sirloin burger with a glass of milk...very good & the soup very low in calories!
  • DesiraeBjTyler
    Options
    I had slow cooker salsa chicken casserole that I made on Sunday and froze in lunch containers.

...what do you put in your ckicken casarole?
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Lunch for me is usually mostly veggies. Today was a bag of butternut squash and 2 cups of brussel sprouts. Something insane like 20+ grams of fiber. Yum. Love my veggie lunches.
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    Shredded lettuce, chopped green peppers and grilled chicken breast with french dressing...only thing missing was the hard boiled egg!
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had tri-color rotini in a homemade veggie sauce, baked with a layer of Muenster cheese on top. 450 calories, but packed with healthy veggies (tomato, red pepper, spring greens, celery, onion) and herbs. Every bite was a comfort-food treat and I know it will keep me full for hours.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    Honey chipotle encrusted salmon and asparagus spears, it's almost done baking and the house smells SO yummy!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Homemade beef/pork vegetable soup, which I made months ago and put in small containers in the freezer. I love doing that....then I can control what goes into it, I have a quick and easy lunch to heat in the microwave, and it saves a lot of time!

I usually eat salads for lunch - I buy up all the ingredients, take them to work and make a fresh salad each day.

Or I like a light lunch of low-fat Triscuit crackers with Laughing Cow Cheese, maybe a piece of fruit, and some yogurt.
  • Marlockas
    Options
    "Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones" I eat those to, but i try to pick ones low in sodium in addition if you are eating Health choice finds ones high in potassium. Potassium and Sodium most balance each other "http://www.naturalnews.com/024539_potassium_sodium_diet.html".
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I had ten jumbo sized chilled shrimp with cocktail sauce. yum
  • greeneyes191
    greeneyes191 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2 cups 50/50 Spring mix, 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms 2 tsp low-fat grated parmesan, 4 grape tomatoes, 1/4 raisins, 1/2 can Albacore tuna, hard-boiled egg, low-cal fat-free raspberry viniagrete dressing - about 315 calories.

Sometimes I will also have Sea Salt Soy Crisps (21 crisps = 120 calories) as a snack early or late in the day. They are kinda like rice cakes but definitely have better taste.

I always make my salads ahead in individual containers and add the tuna and/or egg in the morning before I leave for work.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    My homemade vege chilli is what I have planned for lunch today. Plus some yoghurt if I'm still hungry.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled skinless chicken breast, small garden salad with a little Italian dressing, small amount of cole slaw, and a glass of ice water.
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I made teriyaki salmon, edamame, miso soup.