Moving over from Lose it

Options
Hi all! I'm Kristen. 33 single from Cali. I was on Lose It for about 3 months and have lost 20 lbs so far. Still have 100 to go!!! I loved Lose It, but there was a development and I'm ready for a fresh start with some new friends! I'm on a low carb diet that is very successful for me (not Atkins lol). My weakness right now is exercise but I'm hoping the coming summer months will help change that :)

Can't wait to meet you!

Replies

• WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    Hi Kristen! Welcome to mfp. I've been here for about 2 weeks and have lost 3 pounds. There is tons of support here, feel free to add me.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Hi Kristen, welcome. I did a low carb diet last summer ( not Atkins) and was fairly successful. I am just counting calories now but watch where I eat my carbs. I am also trying to be consistent with excercise. You can do it !
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Lose it. I love MFP. All I have to do is log my food and they do the calories,etc. I am not the regular person when it comes to exercise. Most of my cardio is from swimmiing at the Y. Most people work out in gyms. You need to find and exercise you really like doing. It makes it so much more doable. Welcome. This site works.
  • kristen5231
    Options
    Hi all and thanks! Friend requests coming! :)

Lose It is VERY similar to MFP. What I love is the newsfeed and MFP has it too! No other websites I searched had it. So I think this will be an easy transition for me.
  • frixtine
    frixtine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have an account on both. Lose It only has apps for android and iphone I think, and I use my kindle fire and I have a blackberry, so MFP is a better fit for me electronically since it is available for more platforms. Lose It has lots of flashy graphics, but basically it's the same thing. i'm watching both calories and carbs, and have lost 28 so far! (and keeping my fingers crossed that it continues).
  • kristen5231
    Options
    Hey fristine that's great! Yeah, I like the MFP app (iphone) alot better. i was really only using the website on LI. I like the notifactions on MFP. on Lose It I just had to keep checking it out all day. Although one thing I'm noticing. I'm not getting email notifications when someone responds to a post i made in the forums. I have to keep remember to come over here to see if someone responded. Can I fix that???
    Thanks!