Work out Clothes

Options
13»

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Costco! I buy all mine there. Everything under $20 and returnable so much more easily if defective!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    This is a silly question but since I have been working out more I have realized I like some things on work out clothes and I have very few clothes that fit those specs. I like a tight/tighter shirt, shorts that have pockets... that sort of thing. So now that I am dedicated to actually doing this and being a healthy person again I need some new clothes.

Where do you guys get your workout clothes? What do you like in workout clothes? Is there a brand you swear by?

Yes, this is a ridiculous question, its about getting out there not looking good doing it, but this is utility first, looks second, so opinions?
    Target and Walmart have good clothes. You don't need to spend a fortune. It's dumb to me for people to spend more on workout clothes that look good rather than work on their bodies to look good. I see lots of "chubby" designer wearing members, and then see members who for the life of me I can't remember what they wore since their bodies were smoking!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I dont go to the gym. I do all my workouts at home (or just around the neighborhood if I am walking or jogging) so I can not see spending tons of money on workout clothes that I am just going to sweat in and no one else is going to see! lol I buy a lot of BCG brand at Academy Sports. I think its their store brand? They hold up in the wash, are pretty cheap and are cute! Other than that its Danskin at Wal Mart for me.
  • lynneba
    lynneba Posts: 1
    Options
    I love lulu lemon - pricey but worth it - It lasts forever
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Target and Walmart have good clothes. You don't need to spend a fortune. It's dumb to me for people to spend more on workout clothes that look good rather than work on their bodies to look good. I see lots of "chubby" designer wearing members, and then see members who for the life of me I can't remember what they wore since their bodies were smoking!

I don't care how the stuff looks. I have had much better results with Nike and UA than I have with Champion and BCG. I'm cheap so I don't buy it unless it's on a clearance rack. If I can get Nike cheaper than BCG it's a no-brainer.

I have a couple of shirts that if I'm wearing them my wife won't acknowledge me because of the colors. I paid less than $5 for a hideous green UA shirt. It becomes very obvious that I'm not getting my clothes for the look.
  • KxK0509
    KxK0509 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Most of my tops are Under Armour racer backs. Closer fitting, breathable, wicking. Their Endure sports bra is great too. For bottoms, I like Nike.
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    My problem is I don't want to spend a lot of work out clothes...some prices seem outrageous! Any good brands that aren't super expensive or are worth the cost?
    TJ Maxx and Marshals has great name brands for great prices!
  • bytemeeeeee
    Options
    Most of my tops are Under Armour racer backs. Closer fitting, breathable, wicking. Their Endure sports bra is great too. For bottoms, I like Nike.
    Their underwear is great too!..My kids and I wear it..We have an outlet here!
  • bytemeeeeee
    Options
    This is a silly question but since I have been working out more I have realized I like some things on work out clothes and I have very few clothes that fit those specs. I like a tight/tighter shirt, shorts that have pockets... that sort of thing. So now that I am dedicated to actually doing this and being a healthy person again I need some new clothes.

Where do you guys get your workout clothes? What do you like in workout clothes? Is there a brand you swear by?

Yes, this is a ridiculous question, its about getting out there not looking good doing it, but this is utility first, looks second, so opinions?

I love stuff by adidas and Champion. I buy my gear from Amazon.
    Costco has two champion razorback bras for $16.00
  • bytemeeeeee
    Options
    Huge vote for lululemon :) I'm sticking with the styles right now that will see me through a couple sizes, and when I reach my goal, I'm having a major splurge out in there. Just the best quality I have found by far.
    LuLu's stuff lasts!..I have had their crop pants for 2 years!..Their tops last and sweatshirt jackets are the BEST...I always ask for gift cards tfor there when there is an holiday or birthday..They even hem things at no extra charge..I had one of their sweat jackets for almost a year and the zipper broke...LOOOOOOOOVED it...The zipper was pastel multi colored..I called them and because it was limited edition like most of their sweats are and they let me pick another one out and took the old one!...GREAT company for things like that...
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Lululemon. Nuff said.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    New Balance Lightening Dry racerback tank. love it. Got it on Amazon, and it was here in like a day. has a tweeny pocket i can put my ipod in if i want to go walking or whatever instead of zumba. Random comfy stuff for the bottoms. nothing scratchy, stiff or that i have to fiddle with (read: wedgie-prone).
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Goodwill

Now that is awesome.
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    tjmax awesome place to find workout wear

TJ Maxx has awesome work out stuff....and the prices are great... I do get some stuff at wally-world...the danskin t-shirts and stuff are decent.
    I also like UnderArmour.... just discovered that store....we have an outlet here, but the prices are great. Just snagged an 18 pack of dri-fit socks for under 10 bucks!!!