Question for the Ladies ONLY about Measuring ??

Options
Hi there Ladies,

Ok I have noticed that my Breasts have gotten smaller but I am still wearing the same size Bra.

My question is this, when we measure our Breasts, we do it while wearing our Bra's correct? And how do we get the most
accurate measurement if we have shrunk in this area even while wearing the same Bra?

Just trying to get my measurements correct in this area, thanks.

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    You need to take your bra off to do more accurate measurements.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Measure with the bra off. Exhale all breath, measure in the same spot each time. I measure across the nipples making sure the tape is straight around the back, not sagging down.
  • fatpal1
    fatpal1 Posts: 57
    Options
    What about the sagging in the front??:laugh:
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ok so i need to measure without a Bra on and go around the nipples and how far up shoud the tape be on my back?

I always thought you measure with a Bra on. Glad i asked.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    What about the sagging in the front??:laugh:

Yep my question as well, especially if your top heavy and not perky Lol:cry:
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    If you have large (larger than a C) and/or saggy boobs (aka you fail the pencil test) measuring without a bra on will NOT give you accurate measurement.

I've personally always had the best luck finding a good fit by simply trying on several bras in a size range. Measuring will only get you so close...kind of like buying shoes. Even within a given brand I don't always wear the same size. I'm generally a 34D, but I've had anything from a 32D to 34DD fit, depending upon the bra. And there are certain cuts/styles that will simply not fit me properly, regardless of size.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I learned something new today about measuring my chest.
  • magnera
    magnera Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't measure my chest. I leave that up to Victoria Secret.:smile: I only measure my right upper thigh, hips, waist, and right upper arm.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that you measure without a bra on. You measure under the breast and then measure the breasts. The under the breast measurement is your bra size and to get your cup size, you take the breast measurement and subtract the under the breast measurement.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty-and-style/bra-size

Actually, I was wrong about measuring for the band size. You are supposed to to that across the top of the chest. That doesn't make sense to me...
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    Being that mine are the incredible shrinking ta-ta's (why, oh WHY does it have to be there that I lose the most?) I measure across the nipples WITHOUT a bra one (because mine are those lovely molded ones that would give the wall a nice set!). The types of bras I get have at least 3 different sets of hooks in the back to accomodate weight loss without having to go buy smaller size. I'm currently 35" around the chest, and I wear a 36B and simply adjust the hooks in back.

Best of luck to you.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Yes well i too have noticed that mine have shrunk as well and thats why I wanted t oknow the best way to measure them,
    I also wear the bras that have several clasps on the back to make it loose or tighter. So still wondering the best way to measure.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've found the best way to measure is with a sports bra on....otherwise I wouldn't be able to accurately measure across my nipples, the girls are too big and not perky.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi there Ladies,

Ok I have noticed that my Breasts have gotten smaller but I am still wearing the same size Bra.

My question is this, when we measure our Breasts, we do it while wearing our Bra's correct? And how do we get the most
    accurate measurement if we have shrunk in this area even while wearing the same Bra?

Take your bra off, measure UNDERNEATH your breasts, write down the result (a). Then measure around your actual breasts, the fullest part and write down the result (b).

The measurement underneath (a) is your bra size, the measurement at the fullest part (b) is the cup size.

Take (a) away from (b) and the difference in inches is the size of the actual cup you need:

See the website below and it will give you your proper bra size after you have input your measurements:

http://www.calculator.net/bra-size-calculator.html
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I've found the best way to measure is with a sports bra on....otherwise I wouldn't be able to accurately measure across my nipples, the girls are too big and not perky.

I can relate will try this, thanks
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Hi there Ladies,

Take your bra off, measure UNDERNEATH your breasts, write down the result (a). Then measure around your actual breasts, the fullest part and write down the result (b).

The measurement underneath (a) is your bra size, the measurement at the fullest part (b) is the cup size.

Take (a) away from (b) and the difference in inches is the size of the actual cup you need:

See the website below and it will give you your proper bra size after you have input your measurements:

http://www.calculator.net/bra-size-calculator.html

Thanks, will check this out :smile:
  • foxfireash
    foxfireash Posts: 24
    Options
    Most websites that sell bras (JCP, Macy's, Lane Bryant) will have a short video or article explaining how to measure your breasts for correct bra sizing. From everything I've read, it is recommended that this be done with a well-fitting bra ON, but if yours isn't fitting well then you can go into a department store (JCP, Macy's, Victoria's Secret) and have the professional bra-fitters at the lingerie section measure you.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    pencil test?

:noway: