Options
accck
accck Posts: 14 Member
has anyone found a good fat free or lowfat cheese

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I really can't taste the difference between regular - cheese made with skim milk - and lowfat/nonfat cheese. I just read the label and whatever is the best for me I but and always like it.
  • ragos97
    ragos97 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sargento's has really good reduced-fat cheeses. I've tried the Pepperjack and ColbyJack cheeses. They are 50 calories and 4 grams of fat for each slice. I don't do the fat free cheese. These are made with 2% milk. Hope this helps!
  • kgehling
    kgehling Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Havarti, swiss, and mozzarella are great lower fat cheeses.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    mmmm I LOVE CHEESE!!
  • trooper71
    trooper71 Posts: 15
    Options
    I love cheese all kinds of cheeses. I buy Cabott 50% lee fat. 1oz. is only 70 cal. I go to Castco and buy the variety pack. The cheese is pre cut. Serving size is 2 slices. I buy Breton vegi. crackers also. Serving size is 3 crackers. I eat the two together as a snack in the middle of the day. Total cal. is less then 300. It's a great snack. Try that. :-) Hope this helps. The Cabott chedar cheese is really good as wel.

Chrissy.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I love cheese all kinds of cheeses. I buy Cabott 50% lee fat. 1oz. is only 70 cal. I go to Castco and buy the variety pack. The cheese is pre cut. Serving size is 2 slices. I buy Breton vegi. crackers also. Serving size is 3 crackers. I eat the two together as a snack in the middle of the day. Total cal. is less then 300. It's a great snack. Try that. :-) Hope this helps. The Cabott chedar cheese is really good as wel.

Chrissy.

That sounds so good....now I'm craving cheese and crackers :laugh:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I eat something similar as one of my snacks nearly every day. Mmmm mmm good.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Chrissy.

Ditto, Cabot 50% reduced fat cheddar cheese is pretty decent, I hate that they come as a rectangle instead of a square though, it doesn't fit right on my reduced fat triscuts! *kitten*!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM.........CHEESE! I love the laughing cow cheeses which is more of a spreadable cheese, or babybel cheeses....both are kinda pricey but totally worth it!:flowerforyou:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    cabot is good!!! :laugh:
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    laughing cow, also like veggie cheese mozzarella flavoured mmmm